“very very good, just a bad meat choice” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Marco Island, Florida
“very very good, just a bad meat choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited my daughter and son-in-law in northern Virginia. They suggested ray’s the steaks. We had an 8 pm reservations. walked in, very crowded but were seated within 5 minutes at a nice corner table. Our server, dana T, #132 was very personable and helpful. Cute smile as well.

My wife had the scallops which could have been cooked just 1 minute longer but were very good. The kids had sidekick steaks which were very good. I tasted it. In my opinion, they all could have been a bit hotter but it was a crowded Saturday night. Wine prices very reasonable and sides are included. Dana said we could refill sides at no cost, which we did with the creamed spinach and mashed potatoes.

Rays is a good deal. the cost for all four of us with a bottle of wine, tax and tip $200.. a relative bargain. I started with the French onion soup which was excellent. I do prefer a thick layer of cheese on top. This version just had some grated cheese on it. My big mistake was that I ordered the hanger steak onglet. This is not a traditional looking steak but a round piece of meat that looked like a cow tongue. I was turned off by its look and again, could have been hotter but that was my mistake in ordering it instead of the sidekick. We also ordered one dark chocolate mousse which was excellent.

Would I go back… very definitely. Good prices, service and food.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

va
“Delicious, made to feel at home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My first time trying aged dried steaks. It was phenomenal. My husband and I split the dinner for two, it came with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach, in cute small cast iron pans. The staff did an exceptional job of explaining everything in detail and answered all my questions. Great food, great service.

Visited October 2013
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place has the quality of a Ruth's Chris and the price of an outback! The creamed spinach and mashed potatoes included with your entree are a great touch. Can't wait to go back again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
“Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I love a medium rare steak lightly seasoned and grilled. Was excited to try Ray's the Steaks and had high expectations based on reviews... only to be disappointed. I thought my medium rare steak was tough and bland to the taste... The meat was not flavorful.

Washingtoin DC
“Always good, great wine, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We are never disappointed at Rays. The steaks are excellent. Now - in deference to economic times and health matters - they come in three sizes. So you do not need to leave feeling overfed. Service is very good. The wine selection is really superb. Th is not a cheap place, with the bill including wine and tip hitting 90 bucks a head. But I think of the comparisons. It is much better that Ruth Chris. It is better value than Mortons. So if you want meat in a good location, with solid service and a lovely glass of wine this is the place. Vegetarians obviously need to go elsewhere for their vitals.

• Visited October 2013