“Very Tasty burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Very Tasty burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went with a couple of friends, the devil burger is highly recomended. also good beers and the fries was almost as good as the burgers.I order medium cooked and it was as I expected, the prices is fair as you get a nice burger that you can customize

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“We love this local steak place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

They have consistently great steaks, and yummy mashed potatoes. The key lime pie for dessert can't be missed. We've become regulars now that they've expanded and you can get a table more easily! Highly recommended for a good meal and nice wine!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vienna, Virginia
“The local Steak House if you live or find yourself in Arlington”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My son resides in Arlington so Ray's was a convenient place for us to have dinner. The three of us all had steaks and they done as ordered. The wines by the glass were good and the sides also were good. We sat by the wine shelves which aren't the most attractive part of the decor. We had a 6:30 reservation so I felt a little rushed as I suspected they wanted to turn the table over for another seating. This was my 3rd or fourth dining at Ray's so I do know what to expect. I will return when the opportunity presents itself.

The restaurant was filled for a Sunday evening so I would recommend getting a reservation anytime you plan to eat at Ray's

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Good Food at High Prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was a pretty good steak place. I'm not sure it warranted the price though. The interior is pretty drab and boring. My steak was cooked exactly to order (medium rare ny strip). The waitress was very well versed in the wines they carried and paired our menu well. The service over all was pretty good. Still, I feel the price I paid would have meant a better atmosphere over all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, Virginia, United States
“Good food, service was having an off day I think”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great steaks, wine and sides. They have a "specials" menu for $28 you can have salad and petite filet with side of spinach/mashed , which I thought was extremely reasonable for this area. The quality of the cut was excellent and it was prepared exactly as I had ordered. I have no qualms about the food. Dinner guests were shocked they didn't offer more types of dressing, now that I think about it, that is odd but would not stop me from returning:)

Service was not the best when I walked in. I originally went for Retro Ray's, which I found out at the end of the evening was under renovation (which is completely fine)...however when I checked in, it was like I committed a sin by not having a reservation, however I told her that I wanted to be at Retro and it was open seating, she simply said "its not open" (how that is my fault, not so sure, but update the website and this wouldn't be an issue).

Our server started out great, but midway through the meal servers changed, but I did see our original server around the restaurant, not sure about this concept? However our new server either could care less about serving us or maybe that's his demeanor, either way I do expect a little better service when paying $160 for two people to have dinner (ok a lot of that is wine!). I am not a snot, I just want you to smile at me and make me feel like you value me as a customer.

All in all I like Ray's, I have been several times and the food is always spot on, maybe the servers/hostess were having a bad day? I am willing to go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere