“Hard to get Reservation” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Upstate New York
“Hard to get Reservation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When visiting family in Virginia recently, our daughter made reservations for Ray's because friends had recommended it. The atmosphere was warm and much better than what we imagined it would be. Although everyone else was having steak since it is their specialty, after reading reviews, I knew I would not be disappointed in ordering the Crab Royale. It was as wonderful as I could have hoped. Starters at the table included their great wedge salad, my Caesar and daughter's crab bisque. Unlike other steak houses, mashed potatoes and creamed spinach were were served family style and included in the prices. Others at the table ordered the Heart Rib Eye, Petite Filet and a Delmonico. Our helpful waiter suggested ordering the steaks more cooked than what we usually order and he was right on the money. Everyone's steak was cooked a perfect medium rare.

Since none of our group of four had been there previously, parking was a challenge since our choice was either parking on the street on a busy Friday night or a parking garage. After circling the block numerous times, we decided to park in the Navy League Building which is adjacent to the restaurant. Upon leaving however, our driver's credit card was gobbled by the "parking pay machine" and the attendant at the desk on the upper floor was unable to help us retrieve it. He went home and canceled his card!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This has to be the best steak restaurant in the DC area. It has a great casual environment (I was dressed up and the guy eating next to us looked like a lumberjack - so anything goes here) and very friendly staff, willing to answer any and all questions. The steaks were beyond delicious and the sides were excellent. I highly recommend the mac and cheese When you spend $100 on dinner you want it to be perfect... Ray's won't disappoint.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redondo Beach, California
“Excellent steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I love this place, they are a chain but the first in DC area with excellent steak, great wine selections, without the high end prices. We have been several times, the food is consistently great, servers take pride at making it a great experience. Try the Delmonico, it is excellent. You may have to wait for a table, but it will not disappoint.

Panama City, Panama
“Best-in-class prime beef --- Try the Delmonico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I read tons of reviews and finally pick Ray's steaks assuming was good based on his amazing HellRay burger... And I was wrong, it was even better!!! Pls try the Delmonico Steak!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious meat flavor nice variety of cheeses, service ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had a quick stop for lunch with friends and was really impressed with the food flavor. I love red meat, and tried a little hamburger with smoked mozzarella and grilled mushrooms. What an explosion of awesomeness, grilled to my taste medium rare with a little pink but not bloody, juice hmmm. I want to go back to try some picanha. A Brazilian cut that is one of my favorite steaks.
And the dude milkshake with liqueur ...

• Visited March 2013