“Fabulous flavor!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Maryland
“Fabulous flavor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Ray's meat is superb. We had the Cowboy steak...perfectly prepared. Crab bisque also amazing. Downgraded service because 1st table we were escorted to by hostess at the back of a cavernous room with no other diners. Asked for another table & were happy with the location. Keith, our server, was very good. We'll go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Always excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ray's the Steaks is my favvorite steak house, bar none. I always order the Cowboy Ribeye and am never disappointed. The complimentary sides are not only good, they save money. Service is always top notch. Ray's is an overall gem, with great food and service at reasonable prices.

Visited December 2012
“Best value in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Better steaks than the chains at about 2/3 the price with sides. The wine list is broad and well priced. You can keep Morton's, Ruth's Chris and the Capital Grille (although I'll admit to liking the Capital Grille). palm still rules when it coems to lobster and a great martini, but give me Ray's when I crave a great steak.

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not at ALL what I was expecting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family LOVES Rays to the Third but on his birthday they were only serving burgers so we decided to try Rays the Steaks. As with Rays the Third the ambiance leaves a little to be desired, it's very stark white with black accents. The menu had an interesting variety of steaks but it was hard to read (font too small) and it was disorganized. The service was just okay and when I ordered a diet coke it came to the table in a plastic bottle like I would get at Subway. The waiter didn't even pour it into the glass for me. The food was marginal at best. Our steaks were fatty and gristly, my husband left half on the plate because it was inedible. The mashed potates were not made from real potatoes but rather some box mix. For the price we paid I feel like I could have gotten better service and a better meal at a Longhorn Steakhouse. We will not be returning to this establishment.

Visited January 2013
Washington DC
“Best steakhouse ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Food was delicious, much better than Morton's or Ruth's Chris. I'm normally not a steakhouse visitor because I feel that most are overpriced, but I would definitely visit here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere