“OK” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
London
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Having read the review on this website I decided to try this place but I can't say that I was too impressed. Food was OK but lacked the flavour you would expect from Middle Eastern food though the bread was excellent. Service was fast but felt somewhat awkward.

Visited June 2012

Frankfurt, Germany
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Went there on a Friday night. Was kind of concerned on the past hit-or-miss reviews, but they delivered. I'd say a solid 3.5 - 4. Waiters (definitely family) were kind & prompt. Food was great & had a good variety of food on the menu, even had the regional beer & wine selections. Great decorations. No wait on Friday at 6:30. Was a little on the pricey side (little over $50 for the two of us including 1 beer & 1 glass of wine).

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Yummy food, would go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I went here recently with my bf. We wanted to try a new kind of cuisine, so we didn't know what we were ordering but just picked blindly off their menu.

We had two yoghurt based dips for the flat bread-- one was a popular white and thick yoghurt dip, the other had red beets blended in it. It was both rich and refreshing, and seemed like comfort food even though I've never eaten something like that before. For our main dish we shared an eggplant dish which was very creamy also with some yoghurt base, and some crispy chips or something in it. This too was rich but refreshing (must be the yoghurt) and seemed some healthy comfort food. So, three random orders, and they were all delicious! So we'll be back to try more again sometime! We ordered a baklava for dessert, and although the texture was great, it had a flowery flavored honey that I didn't care for. Service was great, oh and the restaurant is decorated so festively and beautifully! See the pictures online... tapestries hanging from the ceilings, unique lamps, lots of pretty ethnic visual objects. We went during the day, but I think I'd like to go back in the evening for an enchanting atmosphere.

One negative aspect is the parking. There are only two parking spaces infront of the street front restaurant. Fortunately, we were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived-- but if we came back at a busier time, I'm not sure where we'd park! But-- amazing food. So, we'll take our chances on the parking.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Delaware County
“Delicious food, comfortable atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We met a group of 6 friends for Sunday lunch at Layalina and had a wonderful time. The service was efficient and friendly and the food was delicious. There was a mix of orders from several small plates and a few entrees and the portions were generous. The menu is very reasonably priced too. We will definitely go back again and recommend it highly to others who are looking for a comfortable place to meet friends, delicious food, and a welcoming atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Sorely Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

As a previous customer I had been looking forward to taking my family to try this local Lebanese restaurant. I had however forgotten how bad the service was and was in for a rude reminder.

The manager/owner of the restaurant was cold and unfriendly to the customers and had a scowl on his face. While the food didn't taste that bad, it was overpriced for what you get. Furthermore, they fail to honor Groupon's and claim that Christmas Eve is Christmas to prevent your using your Groupon. Another table at the restaurant had the same experience as us. Buyer beware!

Steer clear and go to Lebanese Taverna for a better overall experience!

• Visited December 2011