“Yummy food, would go back!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #426 of 683 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: African, Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Fairfax, Virginia
“Yummy food, would go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I went here recently with my bf. We wanted to try a new kind of cuisine, so we didn't know what we were ordering but just picked blindly off their menu.

We had two yoghurt based dips for the flat bread-- one was a popular white and thick yoghurt dip, the other had red beets blended in it. It was both rich and refreshing, and seemed like comfort food even though I've never eaten something like that before. For our main dish we shared an eggplant dish which was very creamy also with some yoghurt base, and some crispy chips or something in it. This too was rich but refreshing (must be the yoghurt) and seemed some healthy comfort food. So, three random orders, and they were all delicious! So we'll be back to try more again sometime! We ordered a baklava for dessert, and although the texture was great, it had a flowery flavored honey that I didn't care for. Service was great, oh and the restaurant is decorated so festively and beautifully! See the pictures online... tapestries hanging from the ceilings, unique lamps, lots of pretty ethnic visual objects. We went during the day, but I think I'd like to go back in the evening for an enchanting atmosphere.

One negative aspect is the parking. There are only two parking spaces infront of the street front restaurant. Fortunately, we were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived-- but if we came back at a busier time, I'm not sure where we'd park! But-- amazing food. So, we'll take our chances on the parking.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

60% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food quality has dropped consistently”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

After three meals recently at Layalina that can only be described as terrible, I must revise my earlier review. Something has happened in the kitchen. I don't know what but something is terribly wrong. We recently visited on a Monday evening. Our main courses appeared to have been thrown together from bits and pieces in the refrigerator. The food was not even warm ... it should have been hot. That was our third really bad experience at Layalina, and not again. The time before, the main course had made me ill.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Delaware County
“Delicious food, comfortable atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We met a group of 6 friends for Sunday lunch at Layalina and had a wonderful time. The service was efficient and friendly and the food was delicious. There was a mix of orders from several small plates and a few entrees and the portions were generous. The menu is very reasonably priced too. We will definitely go back again and recommend it highly to others who are looking for a comfortable place to meet friends, delicious food, and a welcoming atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Falls Church, Virginia
“Sorely Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

As a previous customer I had been looking forward to taking my family to try this local Lebanese restaurant. I had however forgotten how bad the service was and was in for a rude reminder.

The manager/owner of the restaurant was cold and unfriendly to the customers and had a scowl on his face. While the food didn't taste that bad, it was overpriced for what you get. Furthermore, they fail to honor Groupon's and claim that Christmas Eve is Christmas to prevent your using your Groupon. Another table at the restaurant had the same experience as us. Buyer beware!

Steer clear and go to Lebanese Taverna for a better overall experience!

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Superb Lebanese Cuisine, Family Owned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We have dined at Layalina countless times and have never been disappointed. A wonderful array of Lebanese and Syrian dishes, consistently and wonderfully prepared. Their use of Middle Eastern spices and herbs creates magic. Terrific service, friendly and warm setting. I highly recommend.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Layalina? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Layalina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.