“Fantastic sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Minnesota, USA
“Fantastic sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

After a long day seeing the sites in DC we stopped at the Safeway to stock up on snacks for our room. On our return walk to our hotel we saw this restaurant and decided to get sushi to go. We chose several different rolls and they were all fantastic! We watched them make the sushi, and they were very quick. The prices were very good for the DC area. I will return when I am in the area again.

• Visited March 2013

76% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good at first”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I went there a couple of weeks ago with some friends. I ordered the Salmon broiled with KANPAI’s specially blended teryaki sauce. Although the piece of salmon was small, it was absolutely delicious. I was still thinking about it several days after.
Yesterday, I ordered the same thing (take out). I was surprised to see 3 huge pieces of salmon, a small portion of rice, a broken slice of carrot and a tiny piece of broccoli. It looked as though the veggies were thrown in there as an afterthought. The pieces of salmon looked and tasted old. I ate 1 piece and threw the rest away. It also cost twice as much as the first one - but that was my mistake; I must have ordered the dinner plate.
Dont think I will go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Excellent Food, Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

While staying in a hotel outside DC, we decided to find a nearby Japanese restaurant and chose this place based on the positive Tripadvisor reviews. We came here later at night, so it was pretty empty. Service was very efficient and friendly. The salad tasted very good with a sauce that worked perfectly with the lettuce. The miso soup was very good, too. I ordered a roll combo with one california roll, one salmon roll, one tuna roll, and one cucumber roll. All of them were very fresh and flavorful. My dad ordered an excellent katsudon. My sister ordered an udon soup with shrimp tempura, chicken, and an egg. It utilized simple ingredients flawlessly, allowing the broth, the noodles, and the proteins to shine without unnecessary distractions. Prices were very reasonable for the high quality food, and we would definitely come back.

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I recommend the "lunch box" - complete meal for about $10 with miso soup, lettuce salad, rice, and your choice of combinations of sashimi/sushi/tempura. We sat outside and enjoyed the sun. Service was great. One thing - the Yelp reviews are not consistent with Trip Advisor and Yelp has a number of negative comments. For me I'm sticking with 5 stars though.

• Visited December 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Just ok..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was pretty hopeful about this restaurant given the online reviews, but went over the weekend and couldn't help but feel underwhelmed by the food. The food was fresh, but the rolls all seemd to taste the same. Food aside, the restaurant was clean and the service was good.

• Visited November 2012