“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Guarapo Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #432 of 655 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas, Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A sleek lounge with international flair, hookah pipes and the only place in town that offers Guarapo cocktails, a sugar cane syrup mixed deliciously with vodka and lime juice.Andean-flavored tapas menú marinated mushrooms, chicken empanadas, grilled shrimp and a variety of ceviche styles. Cutting-edge DJs and live bands.
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great service, amazing food and great hookah! We visited DC and we went to this place 2 nights in a row! Really worth going!

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my husband for a quick bite before a movie on a Monday night around 6pm. We were not disappointed at all!! Food was great, had tequenos, calamari and empanadas. My husband liked the guacamole so much he ate the rest out of the bowl, lol. He had a blue moon and I had 2 Mohitos, highly recommend both. We didn't expect the option of getting a hookah at a Latin restaurant, but worth the stop.

• Visited July 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Still great neigborhood gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've been here quite a few times and never disappoints. I went here with friends and had a great evening. Ordered a caipirinha as my drink of choice and it was delicious. We went early for dinner. Our server was new, but she did a awesome job. We ordered the Arepa sampler as appetizer and tostones... yum! For my dinner arroz con marisco was amazing. We were stuffe so our table of 4 shared a dulce de leche dessert....so good. All and all a awesome evening out at Gua-Rapo!!

• Visited September 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Good for happy hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

good place for happy hour. The tapas are ok, not the best I've had. I like Las Tapas in Old Town Alexandria better. More authentic.

Visited July 2011
Alexandria
“Good place for happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

Good food – empanadas, plantains. Great drink specials, I especially like the Guava martini. Great place to dance on a Friday night and smoke hookah. Used to have a live band that was amazing – not sure if that is still the case because I haven’t seen them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere