“Smells like heaven!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Buns Bread Co.

Best Buns Bread Co.
Ranked #3 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Bakery
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Hearth baked breads hand molded by artisan bakers and sweet treats served by a team that knows you by name.
Acton, MA
“Smells like heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Loved the raisin pecan bread and their cupcakes. I chose 3 different ones: chocolate coconut, peanut butter, and vanilla and they were all yummy.

Visited December 2012

91% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“To die for chocolate croissants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I live in the area and eat here nearly every weekend. They serve many different types of pastries, sandwiches and salads. The absolute best item is their chocolate croissants. I bought some for a work colleague who used to live in France (and can thus appreciate a good croissant) and she told me they were the best she had ever had. Other faves are the ham and cheese croissant, the tomato mozzarella sandwich with basil pesto and caramelized onions on French bread, the pasta salad and the oatmeal raisin bran muffin. My father in law lives the walnut croissant. They also offer a delightful scone with bacon and cheese and sugar on top. The food quality and service are great. I take it to go since parking is terrible in the village. Although the bakery is pretty small and does not have much seating area, I believe you can sit in their sister restaurant (the Carlyle) right next door and in the summer there is outdoor seating next door. If you want to try the chocolate croissant you might want to call agead to order them since they run out quickly. Best Buns is truly a carb lovers dream!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious breakfast bakery with friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had great hot breakfast sandwiches on our way to the Pentagon area. Definitely worth a vIsit thanks to food and service.

“Neighborhood gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Loved the food, loved the service and loved the atmosphere. This is the kind of joint that I would make a weekend tradition. Really reasonable prices, fresh and tasty treats and a great location to sit outside (lots of tables to choose from both inside and outside because Carlyle doesn't open until late morning and they share their seating) and bring your family/dog. Try the breakfast sandwiches. Amazing.

Arlington, Virginia
“If on my route in the morning, I stop here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I live one exit North on I395 from Shirlington, and while most days I head North into DC for work, if I have time on a weekend or have a weekday morning errand that takes me South, I make a point to stop. Though the lines are usually out the door, the line moves quickly, and the coffee, pastries, sandwiches, cookies, bread are worth it. The dogs waiting outside put me in a good mood when I enter. Their Starbuck's coffee is satisfying, and I love the ham and cheese croissant and the pecan scones in particular. Great place to pick up sandwiches prior to a long bike ride or for a picnic.

• Visited November 2012