“A local favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #276 of 640 Restaurants in Arlington
Alexandria, Virginia
“A local favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

To me, there is almost nothing better than the steak sandwich at El Charrito! I could eat one every day of my life. Pupusas and carne asada plates are excellent choices as well. Strayed one time when I ordered the chicharones with yuca fries, and it was not so good. So if you stick to the steak dishes, you'll love it.

Visited December 2012

Arlington, Virginia
“Great tacos and pupusas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We order from here at least once a week. Great food at fantastic prices! Dinner for 3 people under $20!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“These tacos are the real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I have been to El Charrito Caminante a couple times, and we're hooked! We love the goat tacos and chorizo tacos. They're big, authentic and taste great! The burritos are great too. Haven't tried the nachos yet, but if they're anything like the picture they will not disappoint!

Straight up, try this place! You will not be disppointed (and neither will your wallet).

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I crave their tongue taco's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I love coming by to visit Jose and the family. (No, not mine, his!) But anyway, their no-nonsense demeanor always cracks a smile when i walk in & he knows what I want... taco (or if I'm really hungry, a burrito) de lengua, herb papusa, with a strawberry-banana Jumex. Basic, quick, awesome food.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington VA
“Probably the best tacos in Northern Virginia.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I have traveled for tacos, and I keep coming back to TECC for the best there is in this area. Try the lengua for flavor that is out of this world! The cabrito is delicious as well, but if you want a little smokey flavor, try the barbacoa. The chorizo is a bit of a disappointment for me, but my friends like it best, so go figure. The salsa is good too, I think it is made by Jose, the owner. The tortas was good, as is the empanada, but they didn't quite measure up to the tacos. The horchata drink is good too, very sweet and cinammony, if that is a word.
This place is a carry out with just 6 or 7 stools inside. It is part Salvadoran and part Mexican, but all delicious. There is a park 2 blocks away with picnic tables that is a perfect place to eat you tacos. Lyon Park is on Fillmore between Pershing and 2nd if memory serves.

• Visited March 2012