“Don't over look this superior standby” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Arlington, Virginia
“Don't over look this superior standby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Woodgrill has been there for years. Don't overlook it in favor of the lastest trendy Clarendon restaurant. There's a reason it's lasted all this time: the food is great! Great steak and fish offerings. Reasonably priced.

Visited October 2012

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Excellent food, fast & friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went here last Sunday for brunch with my boyfriend. I found the restaurant online since neither one of us is familiar with the area. We were thrilled with our experience here. Upon walking in it was busy, but not crazy or uncomfortable. We were happy to hear the wait was only 20 minutes. We got bloody marys at the bar while we waited and they were delicious. We were seated in what felt like less than the quoted time and our server was right over to check in with us. She was friendly and the timing was all perfect, despite being busy with her full section. The food was excellent and the portions were hearty. Even though the place was busy we didn't feel rushed at all (we lingered chatting and finishing up). I would definitely recommend this place! Being the GM of a restaurant myself, I always value an excellent meal with friendly service and that's what you'll find here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“"Tastless food at high prices"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were there for breakfast/lunch on Sunday morning. The service was ok but clearly the server was nervous because we were a larger group. The food was tasteless, it was cold and it was not cooked well. How can you kill an omelet? It was undercooked, it had no flavor and for what they charged they should be ashamed of themselves. This restaurant was chosen by someone in the family who had been there before. I would not go back if it was my choice. I try always to give the restaurant the benefit of the doubt but more than one of the people at breakfast felt the same way. Looks can be deceiving and it may have looked good but it certainly was not. Go somewhere else.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wiesbaden
“Reasonable prices, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Strolling down Wilson Blvd you are confronted with numerous choices, but a place that has grill in the title has to offer steak, and that is what I was hungry for, the choice was therefore not difficult. We were seated near the stairs and kitchen, but that was actually not so bad since the place was busy and noisy. In particular a nearby table was very loud, as the waiter explained, drinking heavily.
The atmosphere was odd - kind of an upscale cafeteria style - nothing really that catches the eye, but the food as quite the opposite. The wings ordered as appetizer were tasty - a touch of sweet and spicy, while the steak was very nicely flavored, if a bit more done than the medium I ordered. The sauce served with the steak was, no question, delicious. The asparagus was grilled as well and very, very tasty.
For four of us, drinks included, the tab was reasonable. The service was friendly and attentive, no complaints there. I'd recommend it to anyone for a good meal at a reasonable rate.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barbados
“Best ribs ever and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This area Courthouse/Clarendon is full of eateries and a great location for visiting DC. Being alone I sat at the bar. I changed my mind after the order was placed but this did not pose a problem. The Irish bartender was friendly and helpful. I have to say these were the best ribs I ever had. They literally fell off the bone but were in no way over-cooked. Not sure what they do. The menu is wide-ranging and they have a good range of wines by the glass. Its a popular place and I can understand why.

• Visited August 2012