“Speedy” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 685 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Syracuse, New York, United States
“Speedy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Carlyle has got swank. The atmosphere of the restaurant is fantastic, and we were seated immediately, which is a plus. The service was omnipresent without being overbearing, and the food came fast (and it was delicious). Nothing bad about the experience, but then again, nothing exceptional about it either.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

northern VA
“Outstanding desserts and actual conversation - priceless ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Whenever our kids are away or under the ridiculously effective eyes of grandparents we flee to Carlyle - 17 years straight. It continues to always be consistently superb with seamless wait attention and an upbeat vibe on the main floor. We enjoyed local microbrew - vanilla creme brûlée and a mountain of homemade banana pudding. We were seated immediately and the tables are far enough apart to not have to tune out other conversations. A nice way to cap off a long Friday.

“Awesome food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Consistently great food, the staff is very friendly, and service is pretty quick despite how busy they are. My favorite is the lobster rolls. The crab cakes are yummy and my daughter recently tried the ribeye. I would definitely recommend this place if you are in Shirlington. Parking is free and fairly close by. Every time family or friends visit, I take them here and they love it as much as I do.

Visited July 2014
Alexandria
“Awesome !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We decided to have a dinner in Carlyle grand grill because of the trip-advisor, Trip advisor is right , we enjoy the very yummy appetizer and entrees, the atmosphere is very comfortable too, most surprised me is the service, it was fantastic, we want to go to there again.

Staunton, Virginia
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I chose Carlyle because of Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed! My husband ordered the fried green tomato appetizer - he loved it. Everything was perfectly prepared - we ordered steak, pasta, and filet mignon at our table. I choose the dining locations when on vacation with my family and had struck out twice prior to going to Carlyle. During the dinner, my son, 12yo, informed me that I had earned back one of the strikes because the meal was so good.
The server was excellent - attentive, but not annoying. The atmosphere is casual, but private enough to be romantic. Loved that they offer water bowls for four-legged guests near the patio area. We are already planning a return visit to DC and will definitely eat at the Carlyle again.
FYI, they have sister restaurants in the area - including Mike's American Grill which was just as delicious.

• Visited July 2014