“Awesome !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlyle

Carlyle
4000 Campbell Avenue, Arlington, VA 22206 (Formerly Carlyle Grand Cafe)
(703) 931-0777
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 703 Restaurants in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: High energy, American bistro with seasonal outside dining and year round classic fare. A perennial brunch favorite.
Alexandria
“Awesome !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We decided to have a dinner in Carlyle grand grill because of the trip-advisor, Trip advisor is right , we enjoy the very yummy appetizer and entrees, the atmosphere is very comfortable too, most surprised me is the service, it was fantastic, we want to go to there again.

Staunton, Virginia
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I chose Carlyle because of Tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed! My husband ordered the fried green tomato appetizer - he loved it. Everything was perfectly prepared - we ordered steak, pasta, and filet mignon at our table. I choose the dining locations when on vacation with my family and had struck out twice prior to going to Carlyle. During the dinner, my son, 12yo, informed me that I had earned back one of the strikes because the meal was so good.
The server was excellent - attentive, but not annoying. The atmosphere is casual, but private enough to be romantic. Loved that they offer water bowls for four-legged guests near the patio area. We are already planning a return visit to DC and will definitely eat at the Carlyle again.
FYI, they have sister restaurants in the area - including Mike's American Grill which was just as delicious.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great service. Great seating. Great food! It's one of our favorite restaurants. We especially love the salads, and the kids menu options.

north carolina
“Dinner with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Dined here on 7/4 with four other couples and we were not disappointed. This is an excellent restaurant with a great staff and great food. From the excellent crab cakes to the perfectly grilled ribeye, all agreed how much they enjoyed the food. Not much to add from many previous excellent reviews. I did see a couple of poor reviews and I am sure the reviewers had legitimate reasons for stating what they had happen during their dining experience. I can say we saw or tasted nothing close to those reviews.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“The crab cakes were incredible- skip the appetizer and go for the meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

After a night out my aunt and I stopped for an appetizer and decided just to split a meal instead. It was late and the staff was incredibly accommodating and kind and let us pick a table outside. The crab cakes had huge lumps of meat, the french fries were crisp and salty and a special dessert was created for my aunt, according to her requests, for her birthday. Thanks, Carlyle staff, for the end to a perfect evening!

• Visited June 2014