“What a happy treat!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 683 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“What a happy treat!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We g=have been to the Carlyle on a number of occasions. First of all do not miss their Lobster Bisque. A meal in itsself and the price is right!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Virginia
“nice restaurant in shirlington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

ther food has always been good very consistant but the bar area seems
to be closed for lunch whenever we are there which doesn't make sense
to me they should have outside tables in the summer

Jacksonville, Florida
“Bad front of the house...disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Heard nothing about great things about the Carlyle, good food, great service and great location. However, my friends and I went there on a Saturday night for dinner before a black tie event in DC. Let's say we left disappointed.

With Carlyle, they don't accept reservations, but you can call ahead (30-45 mins prior) and put your name on the list. We called ahead, and majority of group arrived on time. However, the hostess wouldn't sit us until our entire party had arrived (despite the fact I told the hostess our missing member was just parking the vehicle). Once our last guest arrived, I notified the hostess that we were all here; the hostess gave me a pager to told me to wait. I asked how long it would be and she said she would get back with me. 10 mins past and I went back up to inquire. The hostess said "oh, another 20-30" mins. 20 mins passed and we inquired again about our table. Apparently they bumped us down to the bottom of the wait list since we were missing one of our guests (reminder, the missing guest was just parking the car). To say the least, we were upset and asked to speak to the manager. The same lady who checked me in claimed she was the manager but didn't apologize or admit their mistake. Our party so disappointed that we immediately left the restaurant.

I may try the Carlyle again, but will think twice before doing so.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Consistently great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We eat at Carlyle so often that sometimes we refer to it as out other kitchen! The food is always good but my favorite meal is their crab-cakes. Try their sweet potato fries too, yum! The service has always been excellent too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alstead, New Hampshire
“Great food great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I thought the food was very tasty and the waiter was attentive but not overbearing. I thought of it as pricey but compared to some of the other restaurants in the area I believe it was a good value

• Visited January 2013