“Very good mediterranean food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lebanese Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 649 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Lebanese, Vegetarian, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The original location, opened in 1979, is a cozy family style restaurant known throughout the area for its friendly atmosphere and delicious food. "Uncle Joe" is a fixture in the Westover neighborhood and can be counted on to make everyone feel comfortable and at home with his hospitality.
Alexandria, Virginia
“Very good mediterranean food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Visited this restaurant at Pentagon Row in Arlington and had the two "sample platters" . More than enough food for two people - probably could have been enough for four, certainly three. Gave us a chance to try a variety of their food, and there wasn't one item we were disappointed in. Served with pita bread mad in house and served hot to the table. Service was very good.

• Visited October 2013

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Lebanese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Before I begin, full disclosure requires that I inform you I have had well more of my share of this yummy cuisine, as my better half is half Lebanese in descent. Thus, I had previously had lots of unleavened bread, leg of lamb, tabbouleh, and kibbe. In fact, let's start with the last (here spelled kibbeh)--LT has both the usual, fried version, but also the more traditional blend of ground raw lamb, beef, pine nuts and spices.
We started with the fried, and it was excellent, as was the complimentary warm pita served with olive oil and balsamic. My wife had the house salad, which was large and fresh, and I opted for the schwarma platter, with seasoned lamb meat, rice, salad and hummus. Excellent. We also had the pickled veggies. A large and tasty assortment of carrots, pickles, beets, and green and black olives.
The restaurant then surprised my wife with a complimentary dessert for our anniversary trip. Very nice touch. They have a full bar and a good wine list, including many by the glass--I had a glass of a red Lebanese blend, Chateau Musar, which I always enjoy when I encounter it.
The place is warm and comforting, and the staff efficient and friendly. A very good choice if you are in the Pentagon City area.

Visited October 2013
St. Augustine FL
“Close to the Ritz, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stopped in for dinner last night with my friend Rog. I ordered the sangria to start with, for dinner I ordered the mixed kabob. The kabob was lamb, steak and chicken, served with Lebanese rice. I thought the chicken had the most flavor, followed by the lamb. The steak was a bit on the tough side for me, but still tasted good.

For dinner Rog ordered the Salmon soup, which he said tasted great and he would order it again.

• Visited September 2013
WV
“This is my favorite restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I love this restaurant. Sadly I live about 6 hours away so it's a rare treat for me while visiting family in the area! I've always had great service and everything I've eaten here has been delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am very bias. I love all the Lebanese Taverna properties around D.C. The story behind the restaurants is inspiring and heart warming and food is always very good and pretty well priced.

• Visited July 2013