“Great Lebanese” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lebanese Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The original restaurant of Lebanese Taverna, this recently renovated location is a local favorite. Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Lebanese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Before I begin, full disclosure requires that I inform you I have had well more of my share of this yummy cuisine, as my better half is half Lebanese in descent. Thus, I had previously had lots of unleavened bread, leg of lamb, tabbouleh, and kibbe. In fact, let's start with the last (here spelled kibbeh)--LT has both the usual, fried version, but also the more traditional blend of ground raw lamb, beef, pine nuts and spices.
We started with the fried, and it was excellent, as was the complimentary warm pita served with olive oil and balsamic. My wife had the house salad, which was large and fresh, and I opted for the schwarma platter, with seasoned lamb meat, rice, salad and hummus. Excellent. We also had the pickled veggies. A large and tasty assortment of carrots, pickles, beets, and green and black olives.
The restaurant then surprised my wife with a complimentary dessert for our anniversary trip. Very nice touch. They have a full bar and a good wine list, including many by the glass--I had a glass of a red Lebanese blend, Chateau Musar, which I always enjoy when I encounter it.
The place is warm and comforting, and the staff efficient and friendly. A very good choice if you are in the Pentagon City area.

Visited October 2013

84% Recommend
St. Augustine FL
“Close to the Ritz, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stopped in for dinner last night with my friend Rog. I ordered the sangria to start with, for dinner I ordered the mixed kabob. The kabob was lamb, steak and chicken, served with Lebanese rice. I thought the chicken had the most flavor, followed by the lamb. The steak was a bit on the tough side for me, but still tasted good.

For dinner Rog ordered the Salmon soup, which he said tasted great and he would order it again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
WV
“This is my favorite restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I love this restaurant. Sadly I live about 6 hours away so it's a rare treat for me while visiting family in the area! I've always had great service and everything I've eaten here has been delicious!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am very bias. I love all the Lebanese Taverna properties around D.C. The story behind the restaurants is inspiring and heart warming and food is always very good and pretty well priced.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baradine, Australia
“superb meal at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our tour group had this restaurant recommended by a friend of our Tour Guide & it didn't disappoint. The meals was a set menu & the wide variety of food just kept coming & every course was delicious right to the chocolates with the tea & coffee. The staff were lovely & very welcoming - a sign of a good restaurant is how busy it is & even though this restaurant was full & obviously very popular the service was really attentive & the staff engaging.They also make excellent Margaritas!
We all went home too full but rated it one of the best of our trip.

• Visited May 2013