“Lucky to have as a neighbor” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 654 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The original restaurant of Lebanese Taverna, this recently renovated location is a local favorite. Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.
Arlington, Virginia
“Lucky to have as a neighbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The food at this restaurant is great and we are lucky to have it tucked in our Arlington neighborhood of Westover.

The seating is very tight but people who dine downtown in tight urban restaurants won't be bothered. It's worth it for the great Lebanese food.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
“Favorite restaurant in this location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Love their food! Service is great and food is always fresh and warm. Best garlic hummus ever! Great location in proximity to Pentagon for a nice meet your spouse for lunch date. Our favorite place!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peachland, North Carolina
“Good food - very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my first trip to a Lebanese restaurant. The waiter was excellent - made suggestions, was attentive but allowed my friend and I plenty of privacy. Great atmosphere and did not feel rushed. I had the Taverna sampler with lamb and enjoyed it very much in terms of presentation and taste. Next time I'll be more adventurous with my selections but it was a great introduction to this cuisine.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Food! Great Service Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were visiting from out of town and our family members recommended this restaurant. I have had a lot of Middle Eastern food but I don't think I had ever had Lebanese food specifically. I loved it.

First of all, it was half off bottles of wine night - woohoo!

We ordered the fatayer trio (sooo good), felafel, and hummus for appetizers. Then came the main attraction!

We decided to order several things to share. I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough food but that was not a problem.

We had the Chef's Platter which had a little bit of everything. It was displayed beautifully!

I ordered the Ouzi with grape leaves. I was immediately wishing I hadn't agreed to share it with everyone as I was hovering over it like a wolf!

We also shared the Kafta platter.

Everything was so delicious and the service was excellent. I know now why it is one of my cousin's favorites in Arlington!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The McDonalds of Lebanese Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Years ago the Lebanese Taverna was the place to go. In those days Lebanese food was a real treat and you couldn't do better than the Taverna. These days the food has been Americanized, over spiced, and leaves me pretty unimpressed. These days you can find better Lebanese without too much trouble.

• Visited March 2013