“Excellent Food! Great Service Too!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lebanese Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The original restaurant of Lebanese Taverna, this recently renovated location is a local favorite. Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Food! Great Service Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were visiting from out of town and our family members recommended this restaurant. I have had a lot of Middle Eastern food but I don't think I had ever had Lebanese food specifically. I loved it.

First of all, it was half off bottles of wine night - woohoo!

We ordered the fatayer trio (sooo good), felafel, and hummus for appetizers. Then came the main attraction!

We decided to order several things to share. I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough food but that was not a problem.

We had the Chef's Platter which had a little bit of everything. It was displayed beautifully!

I ordered the Ouzi with grape leaves. I was immediately wishing I hadn't agreed to share it with everyone as I was hovering over it like a wolf!

We also shared the Kafta platter.

Everything was so delicious and the service was excellent. I know now why it is one of my cousin's favorites in Arlington!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The McDonalds of Lebanese Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Years ago the Lebanese Taverna was the place to go. In those days Lebanese food was a real treat and you couldn't do better than the Taverna. These days the food has been Americanized, over spiced, and leaves me pretty unimpressed. These days you can find better Lebanese without too much trouble.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful Neighborhood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went here for Mother's Day Brunch. The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. We sampled just about everything and most was wonderful. The only things I would recommend you skip are the Kabobs and the desserts. Both are undistinguished, but the rest was outstanding. We will be going back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“Excellent Middle Eastern Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ahd the hummos trio, spinach pies, falafel and grape leaves--all excellent, plus an excellent wine recommended by the staff. The real treat was that they brought us complimentary baklava and ice cream for dessert.

Visited February 2013
NYC
“Love this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Have been here a number of times but keep neglecting to review it. The food is consistently good. The atmosphere is usually crazy, but that hasn't affected the service in my experience. Make a reservation on the weekends. Last night we had stuffed grape leaves, a wonderful cold eggplant dish and a great special platter with hummus, cucumber salad, chicken and rice. Always a fun evening.

• Visited April 2013