“Best Peruvian chicken in the DMV!” 5 of 5 stars

703 522 3220
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 650 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Peruvian, Pizza, Barbecue, Spanish, Chicken Wings, South American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
“Best Peruvian chicken in the DMV!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

You can never go wrong with stopping at El Pollo Rico. Don't feel like cooking? Late night in the office? They have the best. And now with choices of rice or fries, you can remain somewhat healthy too lol. I like the original. Have cash and know what you want - mine is "quarter dark with fries and slaw". Always delicious. Had not failed me yet. I've been going there since college!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Arlington, Virginia
“They do 1 thing, and they do it well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The side are fine (fries or rice, cole slaw), the ambiance is cantina style, but boy do they make good chicken. This is our go to place for take out.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Best Chicken!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was the best chicken that I have ever had. It was very moist, flavorful with a crispy skin that was absolutely delicious and the green sauce they provide on the side was excellent. The only reason that I didn't rate this as excellent was because I was disappointed by the side items. The side items consist of plain white rice that doesn't have any flavor, steak fries and/or coleslaw. I tried them all b/c my fiance got a different variety and I was not impressed by any. If they could do a rice and beans and better quality french fries then this place would be absolutely incredible. But I would definitely go back for the chicken anytime.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Macon, Georgia
“SO good!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The place isn't fancy, the food isn't fancy, but it was really good and was the perfect meal to finish off a full day of DC touring. We finished our day at Arlington National Cemetary, and I was looking for something close by because I figured we would be starving by that point. So glad I found this place. The menu choices are very limited, but all you need are the chicken and french fries. YUM! And so reasonable - our family of 6 ate dinner for less than $35 which is incredible for that area.

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is always busy, but has excellent food, I eat here at least once a week, always the best chicken you can eat in the DC metro area,I always bring guest from out of town here.

• Visited June 2013