“Great Ethiopian food in Crystal City, VA (not Arlington)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Olympia, WA
“Great Ethiopian food in Crystal City, VA (not Arlington)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you've ever trolled around Crystal City, VA for a meal, you'll know that this little hotel city, literally across the street from Reagan DC Airport, is no food wonderland. BUT, Enjera is an Ethiopian food oasis in this relative desert of a "city". This Ethiopian place, quite different than most of the other Ethiopian places in DC, has a bright and appealing interior. The wait staff is extremely welcoming. But of course, the most important thing is the food-delicious! It's best to go with a few people and try the larger platters of a variety of meat or vegetable dishes. The variety and flavors are out of this world. Our party of 7 had several people who had never eaten this type of more exotic, spicy food before-and they loved it. BTW, the vodka martinis are delicious, and HUGE. I was ready to plotz by the time the food arrived. And did I mention I went there two nights in a row?

• Visited July 2014

Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent & Great Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I travel all over the country hunting down Ethiopian Restaurants because where I live in Florida, there are no "decent" Ethiopian restaurants. Decent unfortunately is not enough to entice me to travel 2 hours round trip...

This restaurant, I would travel 2 hours round trip for... The food was excellent, I regret that I could not have sampled more than 2 dishes, but seeing as they were my favorite, I was content. This is definitely top 25% of perhaps 2 dozen that I have sampled around the Country...

I do have to admit that the ambiance of the interior of this location was the best of all that I have visited. It was very warm and more upscale... Full liquor bar!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank KAHORU W
Philadelphia
“Enjoyable and interesting dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Nice choice on the restaurant row in Crystal City. Interesting food choices, well seasoned and presented. I will be back.

Visited July 2014
Athens, Ohio
“Good Food, Little Warm Inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The food was very good. We had ordered a beef dish and the beef wat, however they switched us to chicken without telling us because I guess they did not want us to have two beef dishes. Interestingly the single bottle of Tej (Ethiopian Honey Wine) cost more than our two combined dinners of $30, so the price was reasonable. The only problem is that during the summer, the restaurant was quite hot inside so we had to move our seats close to the window on the upper patio to stay cool.

Having been to Ethiopia, I can attest that the food is quite good and authentic.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Harring10
Ashburn, Virginia
“Enjoyed the fiid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We like the enjera bread. Food tasted very good and the staff were very helpful in making selection. We loved the Ethiopian chicken dish well spiced and delicious.

Visited May 2014