“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Outstanding! Yes, this is my first Ethiopian/Eritrean food experience. However, I love food. All varieties of food. Enjera was incredible. The food was flavorful, perfect amount and the service was fantastic. The owner knew his wine and was able to direct us to not only a fantastic bottle but also an amazing choice on our food. We will be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
DC
“Yummmmmmmi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

It is always refreshing to find a gem of a restaurant where you least expect it! Yesterday, I wanted to try some more Ethiopian food and my friend, Donna, located Enjera in Arlington, Virginia.

Everything about this restaurant is beautiful! The location, the cosy settings and not to forget the strikingly beautiful young ladies who guide you to your table and wait on you with great friendliness and attention.

We arrived there around 7 pm and were seated at a nice table by the window and at first I was surprised to see only one other couple beside us; but within minutes, the place was filling up quite rapidly.

We chose the Sautéed Shrimp in Chef's Mild Sauce served with Injera bread as appetizer which was exquisite. For main course, I chose the Enjera Special, tender beef in special spicy sauce which was delicious and Donna picked the Chicken in spicy sauce and she loved it.

For those who like Ethiopian food in the DC area, Enjera is a highly-recommendable restaurant with great food and moderate prices...Bon Appetit!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Ethiopian Food can be good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In the realm of Ethiopian food, this restaurant is good but not exceptional. The Veggie combo meal is nicely spiced and not bland. I had one of the meat stews and was disappointed. The meat was not tender, perhaps not simmered long enough and was oily. When I pointed this out to the waitress they did take it off our bill - to managements credit. The service was prompt and the atmosphere enjoyable.

• Visited May 2013