“I love NEW!! Great Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersGold level
Hampton, Virginia
“I love NEW!! Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I am a stickler when it comes to cleanliness at hotels, this place exceeded my expectations, most likely because it brand new only about 3 weeks old during my stay on May 25th. The rooms are very spacious, we stayed in a One Bedroom King Suite Room 301, very nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was perfect, eggs, sausage, potatoe wedges, waffles, cereal, delicious muffins and bagels, juice, coffee etc. The only thing that was off about the hotel and why I didn't give it 5 Stars, parking is $15, that's not issue though, it was memorial day weekend, and hotel was booked so if you didn't get in garage at a decent hour you might not have a spot, I had to park in Retail parking whatever that is, but others had to use handicap and anything else they could find! And elevator is uber slow!! There is also an awful smell in lobby right next to elevator, no clue where it comes from, but I pray its fixed before I return!! other than that its a great hotel with great staff, excellent location walking distance to mall and restaurants!! I will be returning!!

Room Tip: Ask to be on lower levels because elevators are very slow, and park in level one parking if you can...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
What a wonderful review! Our team was thrilled to hear of your satisfaction and appreciation of their service. We want all of our guests to feel at home so it is comforting to know that you were so impressed. Thank you for your review and we are happy to see you again soon.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I think this hotel has been open for only two days before I arrived, and it felt like it! It's quite possible I was the first person ever to use this hotel room: everything felt crisp, the shower was sparkling with new tiles, and there were no batteries yet in the TV remote control (a previous occupant would likely have noticed)...

The new hotel is literally adjacent to DARPA, so I imagine lots of government-related business travelers will want to stay here, just to feel the "new car smell" of the hotel...

Staff were friendly and eager to please. The hotel was not crowded at all, as they're probably just getting started, so there were multiple people on hand to help with any request.

The breakfast was fine, nothing special, just what's typical of these kinds of hotels: waffle maker, some eggs, fruit, yogurt, muffins, etc.

I liked the free wifi, it worked well. Nice TV in the room as well, once the batteries were added to the remote (large flat screen, HBO, etc.). The room was in came with a small kitchen in it, didn't use it but I can see this being convenient. Beds and pillows were great, again, nice and new. Fan/air was loud but I just turned it off and was comfortable.

If you're looking for a Residence Inn type hotel in this area of Arlington, I can't see why you want to stay at a different one than this one...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and you are right, we are a new hotel that just opened May 3rd. Not only were you the first guest in your room, but you are also the first to write a review! We are all excited that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to experience the many amenities that we have to offer. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and everyone else and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston

Address: 650 N. Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22203
Location: United States > Virginia > Arlington
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston 3*
Set a pace that suits you at the Residence Inn by Marriott® Arlington Ballston. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. You'll thrive at Residence Inn with the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas. A fully equipped kitchen ready for your favorite cuisine. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Free Internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. And, two separate fitness centers for strengthening your body and soul. Relax and unwind when you want. And stay focused and productive when it's essential. At the Residence Inn Arlington Ballston, we'll make sure you thrive during your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Ballston, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.