“Good food, a little expensive” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 692 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: African, Portuguese
Annandale, VA
“Good food, a little expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend so we finally tried it out this weekend. It's a little different in that you are seated, then have to go wait in line to order...then the food comes out later. It seemed to work, gave us a chance to peruse the menu, but there was really no place to line up to order, no real rhyme or reason, and I could see it getting crazy if it was really busy. That all said, the food was very good. We both had medium chicken and it was very spicy...I could imagine what the really spicy flavors are like. French fries and corn on the cob were both really good and they had a good drink selection (one of the new Coke machines that has everything and good sweet and unsweet iced tea. The only drawback would be the price. I had a chicken sandwich with 2 sides and it was 12 or 13 dollars. For 2 adults and one kids meal, it was almost $35 total, with no appetizers, liquor or dessert. it was good though, we'll go back I'm sure

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington, DC
“Great, tasty chicken - some of the best ever for a chain!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

THis place has its origins in South Africa and the sauces can attest to that. This is a great addition to the Pentagon City area. The chain is in a number of countries and has expanded quite a bit in the DC area. The chicken is perhaps a tad pricey for this kind of casual dining but it is excellent. Sides are great as well. If you are in the mood for some hot chicken to break up the shopping at Pentagon City or perhaps take out for a dinner at home, this is a great place to come.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good food and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Nando's has very good food at great prices. I liked the casual style, where you are seated then walk up to the counter and order your food. I love spicy food, so I ordered my chicken 'hot' and it was pretty good. I would probably try the hotter spices next time! I tried the mashed potatoes as a side after the waitress recommended them, and they did not disappoint. The sangria is great here, too!

Visited April 2013
Independence, Missouri
“Good food but HATE this place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I really like the food at Nando's Peri Peri. The chicken is very flavorable, the garlic mashed potatoes are good, the corn on the cob is great, but I just can't stand this restaurant! I like the way things are done - wait to be seated, handed menus, and then when you decide what you want, go get in line and give your order to someone at a cash register. The Nando's at Pentagon City is very noisy and there is no real line. You stand in what you think is the line and then others will come in and make a new line and end up getting waited on before you do. They need to have ONE single line that feeds into the 3 registers. Then you get your own drinks while you wait for someone to bring your food. When I leave Nando's I'm always in a bad mood and glad to get out of there.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great food on Pentagon Row”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Pentagon City for 4 nights and we loved Nando's. The chicken is very, very tender, juicy & full of flavor. The sides were also very good. I ordered the medium chicken and the butternut squash and frilled corn side. They even give you more sauce to dip your chicken in. You just have to order at the counter after you are seated at your table. Then you grab your own silverware, drinks, and sauces. Some people think it may be confusing but the staff was very nice to our party of 6. Our teenagers enjoyed their meals. The kids meal also includes a bottomless frozen yogurt but my daughter did not care for it. Overall, great healthy meal with many delicious choices. Very affordable too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere