“Molodets!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Molodets!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great find in the heart of Arlington! Our US Peace Corps group held a 10 year reunion dinner hoping to relive some great food memories. We were not disappointed. Every detail down to the small plates, fresh salads (heaps of mayonnaise), and piles of shashlik were perfect. The Ukrainian cabbage rolls were particularly delicious. Molodets!

• Visited June 2013

86% Recommend
Fairfax, VA
“A gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I dined at Rus-Uz this weekend with a group of 10. Four of us shared several dishes (3 appetizers and 3 entrees) and were not disappointed in any of them. The stroganoff is not the stroganoff you usually get at American restaurants, and is much better. We tried the plov just because it sounded interesting and again loved it. Portions are not overwhelming but definitely on the large side (a bit more than one can comfortably eat).

As of the time I'm writing this review they don't yet have their liquor license, but they're applying for it. They have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages -- I had the homemade apricot juice (with peach and cherries, I think) and it was delicious, not the sickeningly sweet juice you get at a lot of places.

Save room for dessert, if you can. The dessert portions are also not small but oh so worth it.

Our waiter was wonderful. He kept the water refilled before we asked for refills, and really knew the menu (he was able to tell us they were out of a couple things before he placed our order). He brought the food out in stages, partially because of the size of our group, but nobody was kept waiting more than a couple minutes.

I'll definitely be back for more.

• Visited May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Wonderful ethnic treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Having just visited this Arlington gem the first time with a group of students, I plan to return with friends and would like to highly recommend this restaurant to others who may not only be looking to experience some tasty and well presented Russian/Uzbek cuisine, but experience memorable ethnic dining. The prices are very reasonable, service excellent and the dining experience made exceptional by staff who treated patrons like family and took great pride in their preparation of food and service. I will definitely introduce Rus-Uz to friends.

• Visited May 2013
Springfield
“Great restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have visited Washington DC for the first time and were looking for Russian restaurant ( I am from Russia). I am so glad we found Rus Uz. We ended up eating there every dinner during our 6 days stay. The food was very tasty. Big portions. Very nice atmosphere: you can come with friends and have a conversation without the loud music. Nice decor reflecting Russian/Uzbek culture but no clutter. Very clean pleasant table settings. It is family owned and they sure take pride in their food. This is not a "fast food place", so give yourself some time and enjoy the experience. If you are in a hurry, you better order To Go. You will not regret. We have tried various dishes, and all were delicious. Entrees come with salads and/or vegetables which are fresh or steamed. And leave yourself some room for dessert. My favorite was Kievskiy cake. We will miss you guys and wish you best of luck!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, Virginia
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I just visited RusUz for the first time and I know that I will go back again and again. Having spent several years in the former Soviet Union, this place was a real pleasant surprise and complete revelation. The plov was as good as I've ever had and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her lagmon. Next time we will have to sample the Russian dishes, but based on the strength of the Central Asian dishes, I can only imagine that they are equally delicious. Another sound endorsement of this place is that there was a large Central Asian and Russian contingent enjoying dinner. The service still has some kinks to work out, but otherwise this place nailed it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Rus-Uz? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Rus-Uz, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.