“Fantastic neighborhood pizza place. Went there every week.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Pizza
Colorado
“Fantastic neighborhood pizza place. Went there every week.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I lived about a block away from Goody's for a few months this spring and my husband and I got a pizza or sandwich from there every week I think. Fabulous NY-style pizza that will haunt me wherever I live (sadly, there's nothing like it here in Colorado), giant sandwiches and fries that always made at least two meals, and super friendly owners. Plus it's a great value. This place has that neighborhood pizza joint where you can chat while you wait for your order. Clarendon is full of good restaurants, but this was our favorite.

• Visited March 2013

100% Recommend
Troutdale, Oregon
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Amazing NY-style pizzas plus delicious cheesesteaks and milk-shakes to die for. It's a teeny-tiny place right on the corner.
Whoever is manning the counter makes everyone who walks in the door feel welcome - lots of chit-chat!

Visited May 2013
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Agree with Isaiah C-this place is a must stop if you are in Arlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Unlike Isaiah, this was my first time at Goody's, although not my first trip in Arlington. I was the friend who got the Tea Smoothie, and it was well made, although in hind sight I should have asked the owner to more finely grind the ice (minor quibble). Their food, which I sampled, was excellent. The owner is extremely nice and to allow my friends to sample the wild berry smoothie was very kind. The prices were good- my smoothie was about $4 with tax, and the subs are in the $7-9 range, reasonable for Arlington/DC area. I recommend this place if you are in town,

• Visited April 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good food + great people = Great experience, definitely recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have been by Goody's a couple of times before, and have been very impressed with the food and service from those times. My friends had not, so I suggested we stay for lunch. So, we enjoyed the end to a great bachelor party weekend with some great food. The owners are incredibly friendly, and give off a great home-y vibe. When you are there, they make you feel very welcome. They have a fairly diverse selection for such a small place, & are masters of making each item. Their prices are low and very reasonable for the size of the servings you get. They make sure you are well fed, while not breaking the bank (unlike nearly all of the other places in the immediate vicinity). I had a tuna sub & fries, both of which were outstanding. One of my friends got a Philly chicken sub, and the other had one of their Tea smoothies (which the owner gave the rest of us large samples of on-the-house). Both of them were also very happy with what they got. Overall, a clear 5/5. Many places boast about their food or about their service. Goody's doesn't do either. They are modest and let you come in to decide for yourself about them. So, in their stead, I will boast about them. If you are in the Arlington/DC area to visit, to work, or might just pass through...stop by Goody's. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Goody's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Goody's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.