“Would like to try this place again” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Curious Grape is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 675 restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The Curious Grape is located directly opposite the Shirlington bus terminal on South Quincy Street in Arlington, Virginia.
Description: The destination spot in Shirlington for those with a passion for food and wine, the Curious Grape offers a contemporary seasonal menu of American fare with locally sourced ingredients. Enjoy either full or half portions of selected menu items as well as over 400 wines and 100 craft beers from our store.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Would like to try this place again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We recently had brunch at this restaurant. It was a little more pricey than I would have liked for a brunch menu, but we had a nice experience. I ordered the ham and cheese sandwich with a salad. It had a great taste, but I was disappointed that they did not cut the fat off the ham. Ok, so I am a picky eater, but it put me off having to pull apart the sandwich to cut away the fat! Service was impeccable. Atmosphere was OK, but not as intimate as I would like. My co-diner couldn't have cared less about the atmosphere; she was just interested in the food and she said she would return. I will also return and try the dinner menu next time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
washington dc
“Great Concept Great Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Tried this restaurant with a 'coupon', but I would have paid full price! The service at this restaurant is outstanding. A helpful and attentive staff with spot on recommendations. While the starters didn't float our boat--we had an interesting cheese plate instead--the entrees were excellent and my husband enjoyed his innovative crème brulee. I discovered a new favorite dessert wine and took a bottle home from their extensive wine store. Diners get a 10% discount on purchases. I highly recommend you give the place a try.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
northern virginia
“Calm and Deliscious Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

On a recent nice Sunday evening Shirlington was PACKED with diners but The Curiuous Grape's location just around the corner from "the strip" kept our dining experience calmer and much more pleasant. The room was full but not crazy. We arrived early for our pre-theater reservation and were offered a free tasting of two truly wonderful wines. The retail wine side continues to offer some great values. The young chef is very talented, between the four of us we tried ten different dishes -- all of our food was delicious and beautifully presented. Although the menu is not huge, it is very well balanced and many of the dishes are available in half sizes to satisfy a lighter appetite or for someone just wanting to sample more dishes. Wines by the glass were nice albeit a tad expensive at $11 for a 6 ounce pour. The service was attentive and the managers ensured we got out in time to make our 7 PM theater performance. Good job all around!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arlington, Virginia
“Top quality meal in a cozy and lively environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Having lived in NYC, I am a hard-core foodie, with dining out being one of my favorite past times. The Curious Grape's food has been outstanding the times I have dined here, really unique, fresh and delicious. The wait staff is very knowledgeable about the dishes, and can field any question you have about the menu, while being friendly but not imposing. I've been really impressed with the quality, inventiveness, and taste of the dishes. The atmosphere is great, just formal enough to feel like it's a special event, but relaxed enough to make you feel comfortable.
A really nice touch is how the owners come around to ask you how you are enjoying your meal. It adds to the experience in my book. This is a restaurant at which you should really make a trip to Shirlington to dine.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Grazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We love the option of small portions and sharing and this restaurant makes that a snap. Excellent food and wine and sweet service made the experience a pleasure. We had outstanding sardines, gorgeous mushrooms, well-priced wines to match our choices, and a fine expresso truffle for desert. This was a delightful surprise on a brief overnight in Arlington, VA and we would normally have been in DC at someplace more expensive and less innovative. Go. You'll find something you want to eat and drink without leaving your wallet empty.

• Visited April 2013