“Good Location to Metro and Arlington Cemetary” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
San Diego, California
“Good Location to Metro and Arlington Cemetary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The good: Easy check in, housekeeping staff, morning crew at the front desk

Needs improvement: Parking...our SUV did not fit into the garage, so we had to trek down the hill and pay $15.00 per day, our room for the first night did not have a working TV, AND my husband had to plug in the AC unit that could not be controlled by the wall panel; hence we froze anytime we switched it on. I informed the front desk and they told me they would send up and engineer and it never happened. They offered us a free breakfast (15.95 each) to compensate for no TV and really no AC/Heat since we had to trouble shoot on our own after our first night at the hotel. If your room faces Courthouse Road, bring ear plugs-lots of street noise. The front desk staff in the late afternoon and evening need help...customer service training?

Also, one unfortunate experience I do have to mention; my husband has a service dog and we were walking through the lobby in the afternoon hours when one of the front desk staff yelled, and yes, yelled, "excuse me you cannot have THAT dog in here, he cannot stay in the hotel". Clearly she did not see his vest, credential tag, and harness/leash and my husband despite the fact we walked right in front of her. I calmly approached her and asked her what the problem was, as he is my husband's service animal and we provided his documentation at check in and he is required to wear his credential and vest at all times when in public. At that point she said, "well then I guess that is OK". Are you kidding me? Not sure we will stay here again just due to the attitude and lack of consideration.

If you do choose to stay here, the price of breakfast is steep, although they have a good selection. There are tons of places to eat within a 3 block radius and if you are traveling with kids there is a near-by elementary school with a terrific playground.

Room Tip: Do not stay facing Courthouse Road.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came here for a conference and the best thing about this place is that it is pretty close to Reagan National Airport. The hotel itself provides a good value for money. All staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean, spacious and quiet. It's a no-thrills place, obviously, but within its category it is very decent.
My biggest criticism is that their restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner but not for lunch. Given I was there for a conference with short lunch breaks, that piece was a bit inconvenient.

Room Tip: As with all Hilton venues, wifi is free from HHonors status Gold and upwards.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am sorry we do not open the restaurant for lunch but, with 40 restaurants within walking distance (including "Ragtime" only 20 feet away) we have no requests for lunch business at all.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is comfortable with a convenient location to the courthouse and Arlington National Cemetery/ Ft. Myer. Metro stop is about 2 blocks away. The nearby shops and eateries provide easy access to basic necessities. Good value and solid service -- I hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your kindness and a great review. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a Friday Evening Wedding. Very nice accommodations. Shuttle driver named Chris was excellent. Loved the Keruig Coffee Maker in the room. One suggestion, leave more than two creamers. Clean room.

Room Tip: They accommodated us with an early check in.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am so happy we kept your special time intact for you to enjoy as you should. I will certainly pass on your compliments to Chris our shuttle driver. He will be pleased to know he played a part in your happiness.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at this hotel for the past four years during the Wreaths Across America day held at Arlington National Cemetery. This December (2014) will be no different. I just booked my reservations and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. The staff go out of their way to make sure we are taken care of during our visit. Usually there are about 20-25 of us checking in at the same time and sitting in the lobby for long hours of the night catching up on old times. They have always made sure we have plenty of transportation to the cemetery on the day of the event. I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. It's a shame some people have made "poor" comments on this review board. Maybe its not the staff.....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I cannot begin to thank you enough for your comments. I appreciate it more than you can know We savor friends like you and look forward to your next visit.
Palmer, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The housekeeping and restaurant staff were amazingly polite. The front desk staff in the morning were friendly. Room was clean and very comfortable. Area was very safe and good reataurants nearby. Close access to metro. I would not recommend trying to park anywhere in the DC area. Had a few people try to call me in the evening and they were put on hold and then disconnected, probably my only frustration.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly proud of the people you met and we all look forward to your return.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter was married at the end of May, 2014, and we stayed at this hotel. Many of the events we planned went well, but there was one small item that went badly, when I requested the day before from the front desk that my room be cleaned by 9:30am the next day, the morning of the wedding, since the bridal party was prepping in my room, no one showed up in spite of many reminders. I had to clean my own room, including the bathroom toilet and sink and emptying garbages, because the front desk did not relay my request to housekeeping. My polite complaint resulted in the front desk calling me a liar, in front of my guests who were present during the whole thing, and the hotel denied any responsibility. I took it up with increasing levels of Hilton management, and was stonewalled repeatedly with polite denials, including from Corporate. Their guarantee says "We promise to do whatever it takes to insure you're satisfied or you don't pay. You can count on us. Guaranteed." I spent more than $2000 at Hilton that weekend, and just wanted an apology. I will never stay at any Hilton again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
In the many inetractions we had with you, you received many apologies including apologioes for things ythat had nothing to do with us. The rest of your group had a wonderful time and enjoyed the hospitality and service that brought us our ranking. I am sorry you did not take the opportunity to avail yourself of the same.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!