“enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Palmer, Alaska
“enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

The housekeeping and restaurant staff were amazingly polite. The front desk staff in the morning were friendly. Room was clean and very comfortable. Area was very safe and good reataurants nearby. Close access to metro. I would not recommend trying to park anywhere in the DC area. Had a few people try to call me in the evening and they were put on hold and then disconnected, probably my only frustration.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My daughter was married at the end of May, 2014, and we stayed at this hotel. Many of the events we planned went well, but there was one small item that went badly, when I requested the day before from the front desk that my room be cleaned by 9:30am the next day, the morning of the wedding, since the bridal party was prepping in my room, no one showed up in spite of many reminders. I had to clean my own room, including the bathroom toilet and sink and emptying garbages, because the front desk did not relay my request to housekeeping. My polite complaint resulted in the front desk calling me a liar, in front of my guests who were present during the whole thing, and the hotel denied any responsibility. I took it up with increasing levels of Hilton management, and was stonewalled repeatedly with polite denials, including from Corporate. Their guarantee says "We promise to do whatever it takes to insure you're satisfied or you don't pay. You can count on us. Guaranteed." I spent more than $2000 at Hilton that weekend, and just wanted an apology. I will never stay at any Hilton again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was perfectly happy with the hotel, but be warned that the garage, at $18/day, is small and cramped with limited spaces. If you come back late on a weekend night, you may have to park on the street, especially if you drive a larger vehicle.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you found our garage a little cramped (we are a downtown location) but I am very happy you still enjoyed your stay. Next time, just leave the car at home and we'll be glad to guide you through the excellent METRO system.
Elkton, MD, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

All the hotels are a bit pricey in Courthouse Plaza, and this is no exception, but it's a well run hotel with all the business amenities you'd expect. Free wifi, front desk folks are enjoyable and helpful with local eateries and shopping needs. Just watch the desk lamp, if you're charging your phone - I made the oversight and failed to realize when I turned off the light, I turned off the power (I know, duh-huh) and then set my phone alarm. Well, I overslept and missed breakfast. I bet breakfast was great!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the readers of this site. I am glad you took the incident with your charger with such an awesome sense of humor. We hope we'll see you again soon.
Beaufort, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a fresh, quiet, very comfortable property. Easy walk to a metro station that can have you to all the DC sites in just a few minutes at 50-60% of what it would cost to stay in DC. Staff is very courteous. Bar is very pleasant. Rooms were clean, quiet, and modern. Near restaurants of all sorts in a neighborhood that feels safe to walk at nite. Good choice in DC.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review and for pointing out what so many have found--we are the best location in NOVA.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 5 nights; from 13-18 Jul. Overall was good; clean room, convenient, nice staff.

The only hiccup was our booking from 16-18 Jul (we had 2 separate bookings). We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but were given the bill after the 1st night. We went to the front desk and were assisted by a gentleman who wasn’t very helpful and friendly. And he doesn’t seem to believe we booked for 2 nights until we got him to check the room key and showed him the b’fast coupons.

We were disappointed by the service provided by this gentleman; he could have been more helpful and friendly.Nevertheless, it's still a great hotel and I will stay again if I’ll to return to this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry to hear about our poor reaction to a simple inquiry. I have had words with the staff member in question and it will not happen again. I am happy though, that you did not let it ruin your good time.
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Why do i say reliable? Because they are always, friendly,& helpful, and the property is clean and well maintained. We have stayed here many times now since our son lives in the area. In all cases we have been professionally greeted and got in our room right away.
although the rooms are standard hotel rooms, everything is in good shape, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms roomy and up to date.
They have a bar and restaurant with a limited menu. However, there are lots of choices within a few blocks. They also have a breakfast that is partially buffet/partially cooked to order and its a nice step up from hotel breakfasts in the same hotel category. This hotel is great for someone who has business in the area, is visiting someone in Arlington or is going to Arlington National Cemetery. This hotel is not for families who want to do the sites in DC as it would be a hassle to drive and park. However, there is a Metro stop nearby where you can get to almost anywhere is the the DC area.
Last, but very important, is that this hotel is a tremendous value compared to other hotels in the DC area.

Room Tip: Not much difference in rooms-does not matter unless you want to be away from elevator.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the review. Yes, we are indeed built for the business traveler and we may not have a pool but we've taken many, many happy families and we're within a hair's breadth of all the attractions at 1/3 of the price.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!