“Great Location Excellent Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Cape Coral Florida
“Great Location Excellent Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I hosted my children and grandchildren for a weekend in DC and used this hotel. It was a perfect location for easy access to the mall and monuments and all the wonders of the Capital. The front desk staff, particularly Ernest, were extremely helpful in planning the trip before I arrived and helping us with directions and logistics after we arrived. We were always greeted warmly and felt very "at home". The proximity of good restaurants and the metro station are a big plus. We would spend the day touring, come back and rest a bit then have dinner locally and go back to the mall for an evening stroll through the monuments. It was a trip the kids will never forget.
This is an older hotel and the rooms have that older hotel smell. Wifi was not dependable in the room. However we spent little time in room and I would certainly use this hotel again if visiting downtown DC

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for a great review however, since the hotel is only 12 years old and just went through a $6 million renovation, we would definitely like to know in which room you stayed so we can check to see from whence the smell emanated.

Please give us a call

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Overall, the staff was very good. The location was also good from the point of view that it was close to the metro. The amenities could use some work such as the gym. No recognition for status if you are a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Steve L.:
I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be a good one. There are, however no free amenities that accrue to HHonors members regardless of point totals or status. We are, of course, very pleased when we are chosen by those with both high point totals and/or status but all the amenities remain at cost per the brand standards.
Should you have any suggestions regarding additions to our $250K fitness center, we would be glad to consider them.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Reno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights on business. The hotel was clean, very friendly front desk staff and excellent location. There are many restaurants and shopping areas within walking distance of the hotel. There is also a metro station close by so it was a quick trip to DC. I also enjoyed using the workout room which is small, but had everything I needed. My only complaint is that the internet was really spotty and I needed access to get my work done. It worked well in the lobby and the manager was kind enough to let me use a room downstairs where I could access the internet, but it would have been nice to use it in the hotel room. There were other guests in the lobby complaining the internet didn't work so it wasn't just my room. Other than that they stay was great and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I am so sorry that spotty Internet service put a mark on an otherwise great stay. The good news is we're about to undertake an $18K project to upgrade our Internet service so your next stay should be an all around A+.
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel itself/the rooms are fine, but if you want anything more than standard, don't go here. My friend reserved a block of rooms here for her wedding last week, and I wanted to do something special for her and the groom. I asked the front desk if they would allow me into their room to decorate it, they said you have to be on their reservation or have parents' permission. Luckily, I had one of her parents available, so I brought her dad and asked them again. They told me no, I have to be on their reservation before I could get in. Keep in mind this is the same manager that just told me we could do this with permission. So, her dad and I schemed to get the groom in on this, he would come and check into the room, then give me a key. He tried checking in a couple hours later, but they did not have a room ready, so he told them to write down my name and my husband's name to add to the reservation so we could check into their room. I made sure before going to the wedding that this would work, and they said yes, in 1 hour when the room was ready.
Guess what. 1.5 hours and a shift change later, we tried doing just that and no one at the desk knew what was going on or anything about it. After the wedding ceremony, the groom called the hotel and added my husband so he would check in before the newlyweds arrived. Naturally, they gave him a hard time about that. We rushed back, husband checked in, I grabbed decorations from our room and met him at the newlyweds room.
The key did not work. Husband went to the front desk, they said they fixed it, he came back and still it did not work.
Awful, AWFUL front desk service.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
With all due respect, we will continue to stick to the security policies that have kept our guests and their property safe and sound for over ten (10) years. The inconvenience you claim to have experienced would have paled in comparison to what could have happened had you been someone the wedding party did not want in the room or had you left a door ajar and msichief had occurred.
Charlottesville VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the room and the amenities, but returning from a wedding rehearsal dinner on a Friday night we found the parking completely full, without any provision for overflow. We had to find parking blocks away and walk a good distance back. The front desk attendant was very apologetic and offered meal vouchers for the next morning but that was all she could do. If you go on a weekend be aware the Courthouse neighborhood is a very competitive place to park at night.
Just a sour note in an otherwise satisfactory stay.

• Stayed July 2014
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
While we are very happy you had a good stay and great service, we are sorry you had to find parking on the street. Because we are such a popilar destination for not only wedding goers, but also for those going to DC and the National Cemetery, our parking lot gets filled very quickly on weekends and during holidays. Thank you for being so kind despite that one glitch.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed again at this hotel, and was not disappointed. The hotel is clean, and well organized. The staff are friendly and efficient. The location is very good, near the Court House Metro station. Breakfast choices are excellent, from a selection of healthy fruits and yogurts, through traditional continental, to a full American. Again, very friendly service. You cannot go wrong at this place. The only issue I experienced was with the TV reception. Several channels were disrupted by weather. They must subscribe to one of the dish TV services. Perhaps, they should consider cable.

Room Tip: A room in the rear would be very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for the great review and thank you for highlighting our many strong points. We're just happy you enjoyed your stay and we're looking forward to your next visit.
Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while on business in the area. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful with directions and info re: nearby drugstore and shops. Biz center allowed me to print multiple documents from my laptop free of charge. Wifi is free although a bit spotty from 8th floor. Quiet room, comfortable bed, great location to DCA.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and I promise we're about to start a $20,000.00 project to upgrade Internet reception!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!