“An okay overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Chesterfield, MO
“An okay overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We arrived one evening and left the next morning to continue a trip. I'd give a higher rating as our greeting when we arrived was very cordial, and the room was nicely appointed. However, the sheets didn't fit. It looked as if they tried to cram sheets that had shrunk onto the king-sized bed. The top sheet came untucked during the night and ended up wrapped around our feet. It was uncomfortable. The AC unit was also really noisy; I finally just turned it off.

Room Tip: Check out whether the sheets fit as soon as you enter the room and ask for another rool if they don...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am so sorry about your sheets and the AC. I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping department and to the very housekeeper responsible for your room since the experience you had is unnacceptable to me.
Should you ever return to the Arlington area, please give me a call andI will be your host for a night so you can see what we are really like.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I am very pleased with the staff at this hotel. I had a problem with my reservation and after hours of phone calls I finally called the Hotel directly. The manager on duty Carmicheal Dedeir was able to resolve my problem within minutes. I am so very thankful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Carmichael. He's a solid leader dedicated to excellent guest service and I'm glad he could help you.
New Hampton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I can't say enough about this Hilton. Great location, staff and overall experience. The staff assisted with every request without hesitation and were happy to assist you. The location was just a walk from Washington, DC and the National Parks.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for a great review. we're pretty proud of our hotel...it's a great location and we're only too happy to provide directions and assistance to all our guests. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay.
Philadelphia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had a horrible experience during my 1 night stay. The GM did not address my issue with the change in reservation. He told me there was nothing he could do. The check in process was too long and my room did not meet my satisfaction. I will never stay at a Hilton Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am truly sorry that your stay with us was less than overwhelming but you might try inquiring about penalties for restricted rates before your next hotel stay so history will not repeat itself.
St. Louis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a good hotel but a bit pricy for the service. All hotels in this area are expensive. The entrance is not very nice and when walking down the fairly steep hill to the entrance on a rainy day, it is dangerous. It is in a safe area and there are many good restaurants nearby.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am sorry you found us too expensive but we are the hotel closest to all of the conveniences and sights in both Arlington and DC without having to pay true DC prices. You may want to try our advance purchase rates during your next trip.
We stand ready to help in any way we can. Thank you for the feedback.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was eerily perfect. When arriving, you get the feeling that the staff enjoy working there. They set the expectations high at the beginning. The shuttle service is great. There are so many places to go and they acted as though we were doing them a favor by asking them for a ride. The restaurant was a good value with good service. This hotel exceeded my expectations in all categories. I returned to my room to some of the cleanest service. Location, people, service, linens...all was simply perfect. There is no doubt I will stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Wow! "Perfect" you said. Thank you for recognizing our staff andbthe fact that we really do have a lot of fun with each other and with great gusts like you. I am really glad we made you smile and exceeded your expectations. Come see us any time.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We have stayed here twice now, and it has become our first choice when we visit DC. It has several advantages: great location close to Metro, good breakfast, shuttle service to/from the shops and restaurants (though you can also take the Metro or just walk if the weather is nice). And the staff--fantastic! They are helpful and courteous, they remember who you are, and they never seem bothered if you have a question. Unlike the feeling at many hotels (including many among the Hilton brands), I was really made to feel like a valued guest. And I have to confess, the Tootsie Pops at the front desk are a nice touch that appeals to my sweet tooth. We have a son who lives in the DC area, so we try to get there as often as we can. Unless there is a compelling reason to stay somewhere else (a conference, for example), this will be our hotel of choice whenever we're in town.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much forthe great review. Yes, the Tootsie Pops are here to say and the challenge to see if you can go 5 minutes without biting one still stands! See you again next time you're in town and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.