“Super deal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Cleveland, Ohio
“Super deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice rooms and staff, awesome location if you want to be near Clarendon and Courthouse area of Arlington. Wouldn't mind a free breakfast or parking, but went to local coffee shops and parked on the street. Would recommend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so sorry about the breakfast but we are not allowed to give it away. It is the best privce in the city however.

Glad you had a good time so come see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Abingdon, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fine if all you want is a bed to sleep in... Our Internet never worked in our room, the front desk put in a service call for our room but that did not fix the Internet if we wanted to use our ipad we would have to go downstairs. The breakfast in the morning is good but not worth $14 a person! Other than the Internet and outrageous breakfast, this hotel is very close to the metro and easy access to everything you will need to see. Front desk was helpful with our questions espashally a young man named Ernest super helpful and very nice!

• Stayed September 2013
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience at our hotel. I will pass your remarks on to my team.
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

*Billing practices ranged from confusing (room rate included a $20 breakfast fee - not informed at booking) to deceptive (we were charged $18 per day for parking in a garage that was unavailable at night.)
*Check-in made difficult by tiny circle out front always blocked, leaving the guest to scramble for difficult to find on-street parking.
*You will be told at check-in that parking is $18 per day. What you won’t be told is that the garage fills up at night, leaving the guest scrambling for on-street parking and, even if you do find it, wondering about feeding a meter in the morning. If you decide this is acceptable, be sure to get your money back!
*Long line at front desk at all hours. If you can find somebody, customer service ranges from indifferent to confrontational. Coming back from a run I helped some ladies get large bags into their car – nobody around to help!
*Shuttle service was awful - driver initially refused to drop our party off at pre-agreed destination and wanted us to walk through some woods to get there (seriously.)
*Would strongly advise a stay at any one of nearby hotels with ample parking and better customer service. We had a large group at the hotel and the experience reflected poorly on us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I must say your review confuses me. I would ask that you submit any and all invoices from us that have hidden charges...this is not a practice in which we EVER engage. Further "woods" in the middle of the city of Arlington...seems a stretch. Regarding the "wait" at the FD, it is ALWAYS fully staffed and you will frequently find me up there too and yet none of us can recall any of the issues you claim to have experienced.
Perhaps a call to me would help me understand what your true challenge may have been.

I will await your response.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I travel a bit but this time it was for a wedding, The front desk staff was awesome and very helpful. They catered to my situation and need which is rare at any hotel. When you walk in the decor is beautiful, you just wouldn't expect it. I loved the neighborhood we were in, at first I quiestioned it but after staying there and walking around the people...the overall atomosphere was amazing!!! I don't like washington but the area made me want to come back, the hotel made me want to come back. I would stay there again!! Oh and yes the cleaning staff were so nice and they cleaned the room the way that it should always be everyday..>Good bang for your buck!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
We've had a lot of guest say very nice things about us, our service and our hotel but we've never had anyone use the word "perfect" before! Thank you very much...I'm glad we took care of you and made you feel comfortable. I trust, since you enjoyed the neighborhood so much, that we'll be seeing you again soon? Great review, thank you.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Convenient location to Washington. Close to Metro. Clean. Close to restaurants and clubs. Check on the parking before you book. Parking was limited and some guests complained when I was there about losing parking after they had paid.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to mention our great location. We really are the best place for the guests who do not want to pay DC prices but still want DC convenience.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great place to base your stay in Washington D.C. It's actually in Arlington but just a 5 minute drive into main part of the city. The staff were very nice (especially Cera). The rooms large and have all the necessary amenities. Beds were very comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Could not have put it better myself! We are indeed ideally located for those who want to be close to DC but don't want to pay the DC prices or deal with city traffic, etc. We enjoy taking care of our guests and I see we took good care of you. See you next time.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

First I would have given this hotel a 5 out of 5, but on the night we arrived their parking lot was full. We were told we have to find street parking, which was shocking to me. The person at the front desk said they were over-booked, which surprised me. But anyway aside from the parking issue everything else was very very good. I picked this location because I found it for a good price for one night and it wasn't too far from DC's main attractions. My wife and kids liked the clean and comfortable room. It felt like a 5 star hotel experience. Everyone we met (staff) was very friendly and always was willing to answer our questions. I knew I had to pay for the parking (I think $12/night), but unfortunately when we arrived at 10pm the lot was full. Thankfully I somehow managed to find street parking two blocks down the street (complete luck on the Saturday night). But otherwise the beds (we had 1 room with double beds) were clean and comfortable and the bathroom looked spotless - with a 9 yr old and 6 year old, my wife is very particular about these kind of things. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in DC.

Room Tip: Since your in DC you have to pay for parking here. Double check before your arrival if the parking...