“Truth in advertising” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Rumson, New Jersey
“Truth in advertising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel lives up to promises and provides a very comfortable stay at a reasonable price. Very competitive for the DC area. Rosslyn is a bit off teh beaten track but near many of the best sites in DC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to give us such a great review. Thank you too for pointing out how conveniently located we are relative to DC and many wonderful sights and sites. Hope you come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

From the moment I walked in to the time I left, I loved this hotel. The staff was welcoming, attentive, and helpful with every request, and the rooms rank high on my list of favorites. I was staying by myself, and I always felt safe. Being within a block or so of a Metro rail station was great, and the hotel offered shuttle service to nearby areas. I have found my new favorite place to stay when I come to the DC area!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Such kind words...thank you and yes indeed, we are convenient to over 40 restaurants and shops all within walking distance. Plus we're 15 minutes by train from DC and even more. Thanks again and see you soon.
Sugar Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Wonderful place most helpful staff I have ever run into. Came to visit DC and was given the best treatment ever. The room was clean,everything in the room worked. Housekeeping was the best. Will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow and thank you! we thank you especially for acknowledging our housekeepers who work so hard every day. We love it when our guets see us at our best and we hope to see you again soon.
Norcross, GA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great location in the heart of Arlington. Easy access to numerous restaurants of various cultures. Easy access to Metro...no need for a car once you have arrived. Private and secure parking available. I will probably stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for a great review. I am glad you fouind our hotel was convenient to all the places you wanted to visit and we will see you next time.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years, and I was quite satisfied. The hotel is located conveniently near a Metro station, and within walking distance from many restaurants, pubs, and coffee shops. The rooms are spacious, and the in house restaurant provides good and healthy food choices for breakfast. The staff has always been friendly. This time however, I noticed a significant improvement in staff attitude. The level of friendliness and cooperation has increased even further. You can see it very clearly when the food services manager walks from table to table during breakfast to ask if the guests are satisfied, and suggests various options for the guests to try. The event coordinator check personally if the participants are happy with the arrangements. Front desk staff remember your name, wish you a productive day, and ask you how your day was upon your return. This is well beyond what one would expect at a mid-level hotel. Clearly, this is a great hotel choice for visitors in Arlington or Washington DC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind words. You managed to highlight all the things of which we are most proud: our location, staff and service and we can''t wait for your return.
Buffalo, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Use of the toilet in the room resulted in burns on both legs. From onset of incident, the staff listened empathetically yet did not follow through on incident report, request to GM for a phone reply, and no offer of satisfaction guarantee option. Very disappointing. The AC did not turn off or have temperature control.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am truly sorry you experienced challenges during your stay with us. From all of the recaps I read from all the people with whom you spoke, you were more than satisfied with the resolution. If that is not the case, please reach out to me.
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

First off the hotel is ok, but as other reviewers state it's nothing spectacular (Two years of awards not withstanding). Our room's ac (517) struggled to keep the room cool and the weather during our stay was only in the mid 80's (July 11-13). Hallways were like a sauna. Parking is very tight. We had a three day reservation, and our plans changed. I spoke with a desk clerk on Thursday night and was told it should not be a problem. When leaving on Saturday I was told by the desk clerk that we would have to pay through Sunday, that once a reservation is made there are no refunds. I didn't see that on the website. I have stayed hundreds of nights at many, many Hilton properties over the years and never been made to feel that my concerns were less important than I was here. I spoke with the on duty manager Karan Alzaro and she stated that she would take care of the issue. Well, I'm still waiting.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter.