“Beware of toilet seats” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Buffalo, United States
“Beware of toilet seats”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Use of the toilet in the room resulted in burns on both legs. From onset of incident, the staff listened empathetically yet did not follow through on incident report, request to GM for a phone reply, and no offer of satisfaction guarantee option. Very disappointing. The AC did not turn off or have temperature control.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I am truly sorry you experienced challenges during your stay with us. From all of the recaps I read from all the people with whom you spoke, you were more than satisfied with the resolution. If that is not the case, please reach out to me.

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

First off the hotel is ok, but as other reviewers state it's nothing spectacular (Two years of awards not withstanding). Our room's ac (517) struggled to keep the room cool and the weather during our stay was only in the mid 80's (July 11-13). Hallways were like a sauna. Parking is very tight. We had a three day reservation, and our plans changed. I spoke with a desk clerk on Thursday night and was told it should not be a problem. When leaving on Saturday I was told by the desk clerk that we would have to pay through Sunday, that once a reservation is made there are no refunds. I didn't see that on the website. I have stayed hundreds of nights at many, many Hilton properties over the years and never been made to feel that my concerns were less important than I was here. I spoke with the on duty manager Karan Alzaro and she stated that she would take care of the issue. Well, I'm still waiting.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I just read your feedback form and I am alarmed to hear about the a/c and the challenge you faced cutting your stay short.
I am sure Karam took care of you but I would need your name so I can double check. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience and I will see if i can help.
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel at one time was very good, I had stayed there back in '07 and had a good stay. Rooms are average, but with comfortable beds. The a/c unit in our room struggled to keep the room comfortable. I had a problem that I spoke to a desk clerk about and was assured was handled. It wasn't. When checking out the desk clerk was rude and un-helpful. I spoke with the manager who in a very brief and dismissive way told me she would correct a billing issue "after" I left. My mistake - I should never have left because she never addressed the issue. There are much better choices in Arlington - stay away!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so very sorry to hear how badly we let you down. I am especially curious to hear more about your interaction with the FD because rudeness/abruptness is something I do not tolerate.
I am available to you anytime you wish to speak to me and I look forward to your call.
Dover, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Staying in Arlington rather than the District can have distinct advantages. The Hilton Garden is situated a couple of blocks from the Metro by Courthouse and is a real gem. Lots of eateries of every price level nearby and a very friendly, efficient staff. One minor A/C problem was fixed almost before I got back to my room from working out. Very clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
An absolutely wonderful review. How very kind of you to take the time. Thank you for pointing out that we are so close to everything you could need in Arlington. I'm also very happy that we remedied the problem with your a/c to your satisfaction. I know this means we'll see you again and I look forward to your next visit.
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights in the hotel to attend a work event. DC hotels can be extremely expensive. I tend to stay in Arlington in general because it is away from the touristy area, but still easily accessible by metro.
The staff was very friendly upon welcoming us to the hotel. The evening front desk man gave us some great tips for restaurants in the area. And the day time front desk woman gave us some tips about using the metro.
The metro stop is really close. On Saturday mornings there is a great farmers market and flea market between the hotel and metro stop.
The room itself was clean and spacious, more than I had expected for the price. The hallways were definitely hot, but my AC worked fine.
I would stay here again, between the price, the location and the staff, you can't beat it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Outstanding. Thank you for remembering Carmichael. He leads by example and his staff enjoys working with him as much as our guests do. I will be happy to pass on your kudos.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very clean hotel with a accommodating front desk staff. Beds are comfortable. Our only complaint was the parking garage - it was a little tight and fills up quickly (they still had 2 places so we did not ask about alternative parking.) Metro is within walking distance, as are several restaurants. Good buy for the. Price that we paid on Priceline.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
What a nice review. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We will keep trying to get better and every bit of encouragement helps.
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff was awesome, especially Carmichael. He always had a smile (matter of fact everyone did). Every time we left or came back we were greeted. Nice lobby and the rooms were a good size. We were able to walk to the Iwo Jima memorial and watch 4th of July fireworks. Close to the metro and plenty of restaurants around.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful words. I will definitely let Carmichael know that his efforts were appreciated and we will look for you again very soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!