“Dont expect help from the staff!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Dont expect help from the staff!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel at one time was very good, I had stayed there back in '07 and had a good stay. Rooms are average, but with comfortable beds. The a/c unit in our room struggled to keep the room comfortable. I had a problem that I spoke to a desk clerk about and was assured was handled. It wasn't. When checking out the desk clerk was rude and un-helpful. I spoke with the manager who in a very brief and dismissive way told me she would correct a billing issue "after" I left. My mistake - I should never have left because she never addressed the issue. There are much better choices in Arlington - stay away!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank Steven J
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am so very sorry to hear how badly we let you down. I am especially curious to hear more about your interaction with the FD because rudeness/abruptness is something I do not tolerate.
I am available to you anytime you wish to speak to me and I look forward to your call.

Dover, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Staying in Arlington rather than the District can have distinct advantages. The Hilton Garden is situated a couple of blocks from the Metro by Courthouse and is a real gem. Lots of eateries of every price level nearby and a very friendly, efficient staff. One minor A/C problem was fixed almost before I got back to my room from working out. Very clean and quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Paul B
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
An absolutely wonderful review. How very kind of you to take the time. Thank you for pointing out that we are so close to everything you could need in Arlington. I'm also very happy that we remedied the problem with your a/c to your satisfaction. I know this means we'll see you again and I look forward to your next visit.
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights in the hotel to attend a work event. DC hotels can be extremely expensive. I tend to stay in Arlington in general because it is away from the touristy area, but still easily accessible by metro.
The staff was very friendly upon welcoming us to the hotel. The evening front desk man gave us some great tips for restaurants in the area. And the day time front desk woman gave us some tips about using the metro.
The metro stop is really close. On Saturday mornings there is a great farmers market and flea market between the hotel and metro stop.
The room itself was clean and spacious, more than I had expected for the price. The hallways were definitely hot, but my AC worked fine.
I would stay here again, between the price, the location and the staff, you can't beat it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robin C
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Outstanding. Thank you for remembering Carmichael. He leads by example and his staff enjoys working with him as much as our guests do. I will be happy to pass on your kudos.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very clean hotel with a accommodating front desk staff. Beds are comfortable. Our only complaint was the parking garage - it was a little tight and fills up quickly (they still had 2 places so we did not ask about alternative parking.) Metro is within walking distance, as are several restaurants. Good buy for the. Price that we paid on Priceline.

1 Thank sk3
What a nice review. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We will keep trying to get better and every bit of encouragement helps.
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff was awesome, especially Carmichael. He always had a smile (matter of fact everyone did). Every time we left or came back we were greeted. Nice lobby and the rooms were a good size. We were able to walk to the Iwo Jima memorial and watch 4th of July fireworks. Close to the metro and plenty of restaurants around.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful words. I will definitely let Carmichael know that his efforts were appreciated and we will look for you again very soon.
Northbrook, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The location is excellent as we were visiting family in Arlington, VA. You can walk to the Metro and to a number of restaurant/bars and shops and drug stores. The first room A/C didn't work. The hallways were unbearably hot. Our room was not made up one night. Hotel parking can be tough to negotiate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
I am truly sorry to hear about your challenges with the heat in the hallways and trouble getting your vehicle parked. We are going through quite a heatwave here and we hope the few seconds our guests spend in our hallways do not color their perception of our hotel. We will continue to monitor the responses to see if we need to accelerate the upgrade to our hallway a/c units. Thank you for your feedback.
Dayton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is ideally situated if you're headed to the national mall. The metro is a block away. Also there are numerous restaurants and bars within walking distance. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. Even though the printer in the business center was out of order the staff allowed me to email them my e-tickets so they could print them out.

1 Thank Mario T
Thank you for a great review. i am sorry the printer did not work for you. We are definitely going to replace it so the next time you come, you'll be able to print everything you need.
See you soon.