“Great Service and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Dayton, United States
“Great Service and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel is ideally situated if you're headed to the national mall. The metro is a block away. Also there are numerous restaurants and bars within walking distance. The hotel was clean and the service was excellent. Even though the printer in the business center was out of order the staff allowed me to email them my e-tickets so they could print them out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for a great review. i am sorry the printer did not work for you. We are definitely going to replace it so the next time you come, you'll be able to print everything you need.
See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Neat room, great staff and so close to the metro. There are abundant places to eat nearby.
We did not take the room rate with breakfast included but it must have been good as the area was always packed with people. I have no idea what coffee they brew, it is the best I ever had in a hotel. They also had Starbucks in the room ,in case you would like to brew your own. There is a microwave and refrigerator.
We had a car rental as we drove down from New York. We wanted to checking and unload the luggage , freshen up and leave. They gave us complementary parking for the hour or so. The metro is so nearby that we were glad we had returned the car.
The refrigerator was not cold enough I thought. Called up the front desk and they send a person immediately. He tried a few things and I still did not think it was cold enough. He got us another refrigerator.
We got a late checkout at 12. Then they held our luggage till 2:30 as we had our flight only in the evening. Ernest was so sincere and hospitable, made us feel very welcome and at home. He goes above and beyond helping guests and being courteous. I sat in the lobby for a few hours working and could see that they had a busy day with a wedding party that day, yet Ernest was treating each guest so well and making sure their needs were met.
I got complementary wireless access even though we checked out. My family was out, sight seeing while I worked. They arranged for a cab to the airport.
Neat place with all amenities but what would make me come back is the staff. Great job. Keep it up.

Room Tip: Stayed once and had no issue with room given
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. Your kind words mean a lot to us as does your taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us here in Arlington.
Sacramento, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The staff here are very helpful and friendly, among the best I have ever experienced. The hotel was safe clean and comfortable. Very convenient to metro into DC. We would stay here again; in fact, we would not want to stay anywhere else our experience was so good here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Glad to hear it! We love it when a plan comes together. I am so happy you had a great time with us. I hope to see you here again really soon.
snjmom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this location twice within one year. The Queen Deluxe Rooms are worth the price. They are clean, luxurious, spacious and offer sleeping for 5-6 people with microwave, refrigerator, internet access in room and a good selection of television. The hotel has parking underneath the hotel in a garage that is well lit and seems quite secure. Hotel key cards have to be used to access the hotel from the parking garage, but it is just one elevator's ride from the garage to your room.

The location is EXCELLENT. It is a very short walk to a metro stop, and within walking distance of the hotel is a wide selection of food options from fast food and pizza to pubs to fine dining. There is also a cute farm / produce market about a block from the hotel on Saturdays in good weather months. It is only a few minutes metro ride into downtown Washington DC / "the Mall" and monuments. The hotel has easy access from the major highways for those who dread driving into the heart of the city to even GET TO the hotel.

This is a nice, safe, clean hotel. You won't be disappointed. There are good rates for this location especially if you are traveling when the business travelers are not traveling.

There is free coffee and cookies in the lobby and a restaurant in the lobby, but there is NO free breakfast. Nice business center. I don't think there is a pool either.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
I do not think I've ever seen a better review of our hotel. We're so proud of it after the $6 million renovation and here you are telling the story. Thank you so much and the next time you're here, please stop by and say hello.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was nice. However, we did have a problem after checking in. We went to our room and there were already people in the room. We had to go back to the lobby and start over. The lady was very nice. We got a new room and everything was fine. I was just hoping no one would walk in on us. The only other problem we had was the shuttle. It doesn't run until 3 pm on the weekends. I thought that was kind if crazy. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed July 2013
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about the snafu that caused us to send you to an occupied room. I am sure, as you say, that it would put me slighty on edge too. I have spoken to our Front Office Manager and we did a review of the proper check in procedures with all our agents. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We are avid travelers and chose this property on the advice of other TA contributors. You will not be disappointed! The staff was super friendly and helpful! The property is clean, well-maintained and super close to the Courthouse metro station. The breakfast offered a huge array of foods, but we chose to eat at other very close locations that were less expensive. Parking is tight, but relatively inexpensive ($18) for a big city. If you are touring DC, this is very convenient, but do plan to walk a great deal--that's life in a big city!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I'm so happy you found us and liked us. We look forward to seeing you again.
ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great location. Acceptable Hilton Hotel at full Hilton price. Recommended for Arlington visit where downtown location near Metro is desired. There are plenty of nearby options so skip the expensive breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Excellent! Good to hear that you found our hotel and our service to be to your liking. I am not sure if we lowered the price of our breakfast buffet before or after your stay but...the next time you're here, check it out. Same great value, with even more items, at a lower price.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!