“Luxury meets Convenience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
snjmom
“Luxury meets Convenience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this location twice within one year. The Queen Deluxe Rooms are worth the price. They are clean, luxurious, spacious and offer sleeping for 5-6 people with microwave, refrigerator, internet access in room and a good selection of television. The hotel has parking underneath the hotel in a garage that is well lit and seems quite secure. Hotel key cards have to be used to access the hotel from the parking garage, but it is just one elevator's ride from the garage to your room.

The location is EXCELLENT. It is a very short walk to a metro stop, and within walking distance of the hotel is a wide selection of food options from fast food and pizza to pubs to fine dining. There is also a cute farm / produce market about a block from the hotel on Saturdays in good weather months. It is only a few minutes metro ride into downtown Washington DC / "the Mall" and monuments. The hotel has easy access from the major highways for those who dread driving into the heart of the city to even GET TO the hotel.

This is a nice, safe, clean hotel. You won't be disappointed. There are good rates for this location especially if you are traveling when the business travelers are not traveling.

There is free coffee and cookies in the lobby and a restaurant in the lobby, but there is NO free breakfast. Nice business center. I don't think there is a pool either.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I do not think I've ever seen a better review of our hotel. We're so proud of it after the $6 million renovation and here you are telling the story. Thank you so much and the next time you're here, please stop by and say hello.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was nice. However, we did have a problem after checking in. We went to our room and there were already people in the room. We had to go back to the lobby and start over. The lady was very nice. We got a new room and everything was fine. I was just hoping no one would walk in on us. The only other problem we had was the shuttle. It doesn't run until 3 pm on the weekends. I thought that was kind if crazy. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed July 2013
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about the snafu that caused us to send you to an occupied room. I am sure, as you say, that it would put me slighty on edge too. I have spoken to our Front Office Manager and we did a review of the proper check in procedures with all our agents. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We are avid travelers and chose this property on the advice of other TA contributors. You will not be disappointed! The staff was super friendly and helpful! The property is clean, well-maintained and super close to the Courthouse metro station. The breakfast offered a huge array of foods, but we chose to eat at other very close locations that were less expensive. Parking is tight, but relatively inexpensive ($18) for a big city. If you are touring DC, this is very convenient, but do plan to walk a great deal--that's life in a big city!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I'm so happy you found us and liked us. We look forward to seeing you again.
ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great location. Acceptable Hilton Hotel at full Hilton price. Recommended for Arlington visit where downtown location near Metro is desired. There are plenty of nearby options so skip the expensive breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Excellent! Good to hear that you found our hotel and our service to be to your liking. I am not sure if we lowered the price of our breakfast buffet before or after your stay but...the next time you're here, check it out. Same great value, with even more items, at a lower price.
newton,N.J., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

like the old movie,we were out of towners.First time in Arlington,Va./ DC.The Arlington Hilton was excellent!The friendly staff helped steer us in the right direction from the minute we arrived.Arranged the shuttle for out trip to the Smithsonian.The restaurant was excellent. The Metro was a learning experience.The Metro employees were helpful when we missed our stop.I guess we are car people!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

What an incredible review. Thank you for all the kind words. We're always happy and proud to show of the sights of the DMV to our visitors. Next time you're back in Arlington, come see us again and we'll highlight all the things you missed! There is so much to do you can't possibly get to it all in one trip. See you soon.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I have had a fabulous break at this hotel .on arrival staff so welcoming,,and couldn't be more helpful or professional.room ,excellent,,hotel good location.breakfast very good,,,with brilliant staff,,very efficient, absolutely top rate staff throughout the hotel.thankyou

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow! I am so glad you chose us and I'm so glad we came through for you. It's always great to hear that we delivered everything we promised. I hope you'll stop in and say hello to me the next time you're in Arlington. In the meantime, I'll pass on you very kind words.
Tampa Bay, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I chose this property for its proximity to the DC monuments and was I ever disappointed! The location is great and the staff was friendly, but everything else about my experience was awful. The bed was uncomfortable (a first for me at HGI), the staff was incompetent, there was inadequate parking for guests and the shuttle service was a joke. I am recovering from knee surgery and can't walk far, so I was dependent upon the shuttle. I was literally five minutes from the hotel when I called the shuttle for my return trip and waited an hour and a half for pickup, despite repeated calls requesting a ride. There was a large group waiting with me, who finally got tired of waiting and left. I assumed they decided to walk back, only to see them on the last shuttle that picked me up. One of the staff told them that the pickup spot was moved due to heavy traffic, yet I was never informed of that change. I got back too late to get some dinner, so that added to the problems. The parking was also a mess. I was when I checked in (at about 5:30 PM) that the garage was full and that I "could park on the street if I could find a spot or else there was a lot a block or two away"). Again, I have trouble walking right now so neither option was good. I went out and when I came back an hour later it took the nice but incompetent staff almost 45 minutes to finally actually check the garage and see that there was, after all, a handicap parking spot left (and you'd better be an excellent parker of cars to squeeze it in between the concrete pillars and the cars parked just across against the wall). This was a TERRIBLE experience, a first for me at any Hilton Garden Inn, and I have stayed at HGI properties probably 25 times a year for over 10 years. There are lots of other options just as close as this one and I would suggest trying another brand for this stay.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I read your review and was truly dismayed that you had such a horrible time while you were here. You don't get the Award of Excellence two (2) years in a row if you're as bad as you describe but I am sure you had your reasons. I can't find any record of complaints received regarding any of these situations during the time period but if you would like to give me a call, I'll see what i can do to make this right in your eyes.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!