“Not all that” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Denver, Colorado
“Not all that”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

​Not very happy with food quality in this hotel. Rooms were noisy making hard to have a restful sleep before work the following day. There was also a funky smell of mold in my room. Location is nice but considering the competition with other hotels in the DC area, it is not that special. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I am truly sorry you were unhappy with your stay here but I'm also sure that none of our staff was made aware of your concerns. With the best location in Arlington and one of Tripadvisor's highest ratings, we take a great deal of pride in making sure every guest leaves with a smile.
Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
baltimoe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

great stay i will come back definitly on my next vacation me and my family,also the front desk was very helpful and great,the room was great,and the food was delicious,the shuttle service was also good as well as the bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Great to hear that you are definitely coming back again. Try our newly renovated patio on your next trip. It's a cool, casual way to have a meal or a drink after a long day. We'll be looking out for you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here for one week in mid-April. I had a business conference nearby, which is the reason why I chose this hotel. To start off with, the hotel is easily accessible from DCA airport via taxicab or even on the metro (transfer required). The hotel is only two blocks or so from the Arlington Courthouse metro station, which is very handy and allowed for easy traveling into DC for sightseeing and business.

The hotel itself is a typical HGI and fully met my needs/expectations. The breakfast selection was pretty good and fully stocked during my stay. There is also a local CVS where you could pick up other snacks, if need be. I ate at a couple local area restaurants, which were also pretty good and convenient.

Really the only drawback that I had was that this hotel has no views. Being that it is a relatively low-rise building surrounded by high-rise buildings, there isn't much that you're going to be able to see out your window. I had my shades pulled the entire time so that the building across the street could not see into my room. Overall, not a big deal, but if you are looking for a hotel with views of Arlington Cemetary or DC, this isn't the place.

Overall though, I have no meaningful complaints and would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We thank you very much. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and yes, we're a great place to be if you want easy access to DC, 40 different restaurants, shops and businesses and the Metro station. Next time, we'll put you on the North side where you can see the plaza across the street. see you then.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I are in the metro-DC area many times each year for business and personal travel and this is the place we normally stay. I look at it as being the best of both worlds: it's away from the congestion of the city, but it offers quick and easy access to everything that the Washington DC area has to offer.

The hotel itself is very clean, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast buffet provides solid but typical choices (eggs, bacon/sausage, breads, pastry, juices, cereals, yogurt, fruit, etc.) The area surrounding the hotel is safe and there are lots of dining choices within a very short walk down Clarendon or Wilson, including a Whole Foods if you're inclined to get something good to go. There is an AMC movie theater one block away. Cabs are easily summoned and the metro is close-by if you wish to venture into Alexandria, Georgetown, etc., for dining or shopping.

The hotel staff seems genuinely interested in being helpful and have always been pleasant to deal with: We had an A/C issue and the maintenance guy came up and fixed it in less than 15 minutes. We asked for extra towels and housekeeping was at the door right after we called. The night before my departure I asked the front desk to arrange transportation back to the airport for me, and the cab was waiting for me the next morning as requested, right on time.

It's a fairly quick cab ride from Washington National Airport (DCA), and the fare is typically in the range of $18-20. The hotel is a short two blocks from the nearest Metro station (Courthouse-Orange Line) which makes it an ideal access point to get to anyplace you'd wish to visit in the metro-Washington DC area. We've use the Hilton Garden Inn-Arlington for many business trips and also for some family excursions into DC and have always been happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi signal strength is better in rooms that are closer to the center of the building (closer to th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
What a kind and detailed review. I really appreciate your taking the time to tell everyone about our wonderful staff, location and service. We are the best location in Arlington and we are so happy you had a great time.
Pleasanton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel met my needs. I did not get to sample many of the services as i was busy with my business activity.But the hotel is located at a convenient place and there are adequate dining facilities outside the hotel. Metro station is close-by

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so sorry you never got a chance to sample our restaurant, fitness center, pantry our any of the forty (40) restaurants within walking distance. Next time you come to Arlington, take an extra day...we'll print you maps and point you (or take you in our free shuttle) anywhere you need to go...see you soon.
Maastricht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights on the last leg of our holiday in the States.
We chose this hotel because of its location close to DC (with the metro just two stops from central DC). We were satisfied with the services of the hotel, nothing out of the ordinary and it was what we expected for this price level. Rooms are okay and breakfast is decent. Staff at reception and in the breakfast room/restaurant are very helpful and friendly. Also the free shuttle service is a nice touch. However, the one thing we really did not like was the overall noise level in this building. In the rooms you can hear your next door neighbour flushing the toilet (very loud) and you can have a conversation with the people next door without leaving the room! Walls are very thin. We were lucky, our next door neigbours went to bed early. Had this not been the case we would have had a big problem. We would not chose this hotel again, simply because of the noise nuisance in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I am truly sorry to hear about the challenges you encountered. I have never heard that issue raised before but thank you for bringing it to my attention. If you have a moment, please let me know with whom you spoke regarding your challenges and their response (or lack thereof). I want to use this as a teaching moment. Thank you again for taking the time to fill out the survey.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here...it was fine. I'm not sure if it was because we arrived about 2 am (flight delay), but we had a handicapped accessible room. So our room wasn't my favorite. But the location was handy enough. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad either. It was VERY convenient to get to from Washington Reagan at 2 am though. I'll give it a point for that.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Sorry you came too late to enjoy our hotel to the fullest. Next time you're coming through Arlington, give me a call and I'll hold a regular room for you. See you soon.