“location is tops” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Old Radnor, United Kingdom
“location is tops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Spent 6 nights here, set in yuppieville, a gentrified area of Arlington. Lots of local dining facilities and close to Metro. Check in staff excellent, hot tea and coffee on tap 24h a day. Chambermaids truly excellent, even folding clothes and leaving room spotless. Hotel breakfast not that great, as rether limited for the cost, alternatives locally. Shuttle local trips only. Note no safes in room. Felt extremely safe at night in the area, farmers market Saturday AM.

Room Tip: Even numbers have no view and are overlooked by an apartment building that is only 20m away, Odd num...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We thank you for the kind words and I hope if your travels ever bring you back to Arlington, Va, that you will try our new a la carte menu. We developed it for our guests who want a more individualized experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed with my family for 2 nights last week at this hotel. Was a pleasant experience.
Was visiting DC and is very conveniently located with the Metro stop a 2 min walk away and a 15 min ride into the Smithsonian stop. Kids loved it. Room was clean and the check in experience pleasant. I had parked my minivan in the underground parking lot. The second day I forgot to turn off my lights and the battery got drained. Went up to the front desk and there were 3 guys come down to help within minutes. They jump started the van within minutes. Was a relief. Overall very good stay and excellent customer service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
i remember you well. I was one of the people who got your van started and it is wonderful to hear from you. I am so happy everything turned out well and you enjoyed your stay.
Come see us again soon and stop at the Front Desk for a map of all the attractions available.
See you soon.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had my wedding in Rosslyn and needed a place for out of town guests to stay, so I picked the Hilton Garden Inn Courthouse because my venue said the hotel would run a shuttle for guests from the hotel to the venue. As far as I know everything went off without a hitch on that end, except that the day before the front desk staff told my grandparents the wrong time for the shuttle. But Mya Matos, the catering manager with whom I worked, handled that and was a pleasure to work with in general. She let me deliver welcome bags to be given to our guests when they checked in. My husband and I booked a room there for our wedding night and they let him check in early so he and his groomsmen could get ready while I got ready in my mom's room. After we cleaned up at the venue there were no more parking spots in the hotel garage and we had to park on the street. We asked them to take the parking off our bill and they obliged. Overall I was very happy with the experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and, yes, Mya is a true gem. I am glad she came through for you and the most important day of your life. We wish you all the best and many happy returns.
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had Hilton Honor points to use for a trip with the family to DC. I looked at several hilton hotel options and this was the best deal. While it is across the river in Virginia, it is only two blocks to the Metro, so 20 minutes from the Mall. Most of the Hilton Hotel options in DC proper required significantly more points.

The hotel is relatively new and well maintained. I had no issues with my room. The windows are double paned, so little road noise. The hotel is next to the court house, so it is relatively quiet area. There are several dinning options and a movie theater, but much less than near Georgetown, Dupont Circle, or Adams Morgan. Arlington does not have much compared to other areas of the city.

There is parking on-site (for a fee). While it is tight parking, I had no problem getting my Honda Odessey in a spot and getting in the lift gate or doors. The elevators go straight from the parking levels to the room floors - it makes unloading/loading much easier.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The manager at breakfast was wonderful. I would highly recommend as an inexpensive base to expore the DC area by Metro.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very glad we could make you happy and we hope to see you on your next trip to Arlington.
New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have been a Hilton Diamond member for several years and therefore have stayed at many Hiltons. This is probably the worst I have ever stayed at. I arrived before check in time when I asked if I could check in early. I was told "check in is at 3:00 pm." This is understandable. However the woman at the front desk didn't ask my name, did check my reservation to see what room type I had. In fact I had to suggest to her that she take my name. she didn't offer anything other than those few words. The next day I left the hotel by 9:00 am to go into DC. I got back to the hotel after 4:00 pm and housekeeping had not touched my room yet. I had to call to see when they might show up. The hotel was disorganized, unfriendly with atrocious service and and atrocious breakfast offering.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I am truly sorry you had a less than wonderful experience. i am also sorry you did not call me so I could make things right for you while you were still our guest. If you wish, I would like to offer you 10,000 points for your trouble (just let me know who you are) and see if there is anything else I can do for you. I await your call.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I wanted to rate this hotel higher than 3 stars because the staff at the front desk add a special touch since they are so friendly. Manager ( I assume he was the manager) asked me how my stay was in the morning. He seemed to genuinely care. ...And...here is the "but"... BUT...I have to be more critical because this is an expensive stay, plus parking is an additional $18! ...it is Arlington after all. The sheets on my bed were terrible. They did not fit the bed and therefore the mattress showed by the pillows. Yuck...I don't want to see the mattress! I tried to pull the sheets up but they just would not move up. It was not worth calling and waiting for someone to fix it. It was late and I was ready for bed. The room shows some wear...not too bad...but noticeable. For example, the desk looked worn and needed a coat of fresh paint. The heater/air conditioner was loud. Hard to hear the TV each time it kicked on. So you turn up the volume on the TV and realize how loud it is when the air turns off...annoying. I finally just turned the air off completely. I am a diamond member with Hilton...my room faced an apartment building...not good. You could see right into the next building...it is that close! The good thing is, the bed was comfy. I would stay here again...after all...love our Hilton points!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am shocked and dismayed that we did not exceed your every expectation and I have addressed your concerns very sternly with the relevant department heads.
Please call me should you travels ever bring you back to Arlington and you will be my guest for a night so you can see what we are really like.
Milton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

stayed for 2 nights on 30 & 31 March 2013 and got a good deal through priceline. Parking was expensive $18/night and was not enough and very congested. Initially the exhaust in washroomm was clogged and even after fixing was very slow, the tub drain was open and dirty and the faucet knob came off with slight touch which they couldnt fix. The insulation between rooms was not enough and I could hear voices from other rooms but I didnt compalin as I had kids too who complained to teh receptionist and she was rude with us. Didnt like the stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I am sorry you had a less than pleasant experience with us. I have addressed all your comments with the department heads concerned to ensure the same fate does not befall a fellow traveler. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!