“Terrible communication and check-in service” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Logan
“Terrible communication and check-in service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Generally I have great experiences with the Hilton brand of hotels. Thank goodness my loyalty is not based on this stay alone. We had five rooms reserved with three different arrival dates. Each time there were problems. Subsequent to each arrival we were told all room assignments were worked out, but they were not. The General Manager was at the front desk the entire time and offered no support. The Front Desk Manager was quite patronizing the entire time. What I expected to be a five minute check-in took almost an hour. To make matters worse the GM called me by name the next morning in the lobby. Where was that service when checking in. Other than getting the correct rooms, check in, and a incident at check out, the rest of the hotel was clean and the breakfast staff was phenomenal. The other issue to note would be connectivity problems with the internet. I had difficulty each day I was there connecting. I was able to eventually get it but it was a hassle nonetheless.

Room Tip: Check your reservation before you arrive to make sure the room you expect is listed, then if there a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am truly sorry that you had a less than pleasant stay and I wonder how much the confused reservations (with the wrong names) and the moving of the rooms without telling the occupants had to do with it since I watched our FOM struggle to get everything straight for you.
Still, I wish you well for your future travels and hope you find a hotel that accommodate your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We got a good deal for their military rate. I would definately stay here again. The metro station was just a block away and conveniet to get to all the sites and museums.
The shower products were nice and the room was clean. The service from the front desk staff was also great.
The breakfast buffet on the other hand was awful. From the service of the staff to the quality of food. Don't wast your money on breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
This is indeed a great place for the military traveler. we are a block away from the metro to DC and less than two miles from Fort Myers (our shuttle will take you there for free!).
We are only a stone's throw from restaurants, malls and the world famous Arlington Cemetery too.
Hope to see you again soon.
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel staff was very helpful. THERE IS A SHUTTLE, in case anyone tells you different, but as of now it only travels in a radius of a few miles. The Courthouse Metro stop on the Orange Line is just a block away at the AMC movie theatre entrance. Felt like a relatively safe area. I walked to/from even with my luggage in the snow and wind and it wasn't that bad, although you could get the shuttle if you want to. The room was standard, clean, and comfortable. Roomy and quiet. Snack shop does not have a large selection of healthy items but good for chips and popcorn or a hot pocket. Breakfast had price options, but a full buffet was $15 and had a huge assortment to choose from including cooked-to-order omelets, etc. Would stay again for business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. Yes indeed, we are within one block of the Metro station and we have maps and directions for everyone who needs to use it. We also have an extensive list of cab companies and limousine drivers should you need a more direct means of getting to your destination. Finally, we are within walking distance of over 40 restaurants and two (2) malls.
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Spent a night there on business. Worst sleep of my "travel" life. Very nice job in remodeling of the room and bathroom. Someone failed to put the extra effort in proper window treatments. The lights from the street shined like a beacon into the room. The room darkeners only covered literally one quarter of the window. What a shame that they couldn't put the effort to go an extra yard after so much renovation.
Garage needed some serious updating as well, and was very expensive. They should have been more forthright in this price when booking the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with the hotel during your recent stay. I only wish you had taken advantage of the offer I made on my welcome letter and called me. I would have acted immediately to secure your happiness and satisfaction.
Should you ever venture out to Arlington again and decide that you will try us again, I would be happy to give you my personal guarantee that I will check your room my self and follow up with you throughout your stay.
Pickerington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I said here recently on business and was very satisfied with my stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. In fact, when I had to have something printed and the on site printer service was down, the manager had me email the documents to him directly and he printed them for me. I really appreciated that. The really great thing about the hotel is the location, just two blocks from Court House Metro Station, which made it very accessible to the entire Washington, D.C. area. Lots of food options in the area and their breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We thank you for the great review and yes, now we've even improved that breakfast buffet with a great a la carte menu as well!
You have to try it the next time you're in Arlington.
See you then.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My hubby & I bid on a hotel in this area, so this is how we came to stay at this property. The hotel is very nice & clean & staff is very friendly. There are lots of little eatery type places where you stand in line, order food, & go sit down. There are also some chains here such as Subway, Starbucks, & Wendy's, Dunkin' Donuts. The hotel keeps brewed coffee & cookies in the lobby - a nice touch. They also provide free wifi. Beds are comfy enough, bathroom is very clean & updated & just a quick jaunt to & from Metro station. If you are looking for a place to stay without the super high prices of being right in DC, then this is a great place. I highly recommend this Hilton property.

• Stayed February 2013
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
How very kind of you. And you pointed out some of the forty (40) restaurants within walking distance of our hotel.
Remember the next time you're here that we have a brand new restaurant of our own and we just revamped the entire menu.
We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice front desk people. I will suggest to have softer beds and firmer pillows. Also it is a little bit loud, you could hear your neighbors flushing the toilett that sounds like a bomb. But in general, is a good location with metro station only two blocks away.

Room Tip: Very nice front desk people. Too bad he hear too much noise from your neighbors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. Next time you are here and have problems with noise, just call us and we'll be happy to move you. If there is nothing available on your floor, we'll even upgrade you if we can.
See you soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!