“UP all night” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Annapolis, Maryland
“UP all night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Spent a night there on business. Worst sleep of my "travel" life. Very nice job in remodeling of the room and bathroom. Someone failed to put the extra effort in proper window treatments. The lights from the street shined like a beacon into the room. The room darkeners only covered literally one quarter of the window. What a shame that they couldn't put the effort to go an extra yard after so much renovation.
Garage needed some serious updating as well, and was very expensive. They should have been more forthright in this price when booking the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with the hotel during your recent stay. I only wish you had taken advantage of the offer I made on my welcome letter and called me. I would have acted immediately to secure your happiness and satisfaction.
Should you ever venture out to Arlington again and decide that you will try us again, I would be happy to give you my personal guarantee that I will check your room my self and follow up with you throughout your stay.

602 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pickerington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I said here recently on business and was very satisfied with my stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. In fact, when I had to have something printed and the on site printer service was down, the manager had me email the documents to him directly and he printed them for me. I really appreciated that. The really great thing about the hotel is the location, just two blocks from Court House Metro Station, which made it very accessible to the entire Washington, D.C. area. Lots of food options in the area and their breakfast buffet was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We thank you for the great review and yes, now we've even improved that breakfast buffet with a great a la carte menu as well!
You have to try it the next time you're in Arlington.
See you then.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

My hubby & I bid on a hotel in this area, so this is how we came to stay at this property. The hotel is very nice & clean & staff is very friendly. There are lots of little eatery type places where you stand in line, order food, & go sit down. There are also some chains here such as Subway, Starbucks, & Wendy's, Dunkin' Donuts. The hotel keeps brewed coffee & cookies in the lobby - a nice touch. They also provide free wifi. Beds are comfy enough, bathroom is very clean & updated & just a quick jaunt to & from Metro station. If you are looking for a place to stay without the super high prices of being right in DC, then this is a great place. I highly recommend this Hilton property.

• Stayed February 2013
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
How very kind of you. And you pointed out some of the forty (40) restaurants within walking distance of our hotel.
Remember the next time you're here that we have a brand new restaurant of our own and we just revamped the entire menu.
We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice front desk people. I will suggest to have softer beds and firmer pillows. Also it is a little bit loud, you could hear your neighbors flushing the toilett that sounds like a bomb. But in general, is a good location with metro station only two blocks away.

Room Tip: Very nice front desk people. Too bad he hear too much noise from your neighbors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. Next time you are here and have problems with noise, just call us and we'll be happy to move you. If there is nothing available on your floor, we'll even upgrade you if we can.
See you soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was very impressed by the hospitality and professionalism of the staff, especially the young ladies at the front desk. They arranged tours and transportation for us. Everyone was so accommodating. The large buffet breakfast was excellent. The down side was no pool or jacuzzi. But the staff made up for it with their warm smiles and very pleasant attitudes. The hotel was in close proximity to downtown DC and the Metro Station. Great suburban location. I would highly recommend this location and stay here again due to the staff.

Room Tip: Great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Wow! What a great review. Thank you for recognizing our staff. We take a great deal of pride in helping our guests get from point to point and we love to help them take full advantage of our location--walking distance to 40 restaurants, attractions and the Metro.
Come see us again soon, don't wait another 4 years!
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a great location for touring D.C. A two block walk to the nearest metro and many restaurants and a grocery mart in the area. The area felt very safe. Close enough to the attractions (maybe a 15-20 minute metro ride to the mall), but you can drive to the hotel without the craziness of the D.C. traffic. We paid for hotel private parking, but it was well worth it knowing the car was safe. We were hoping to find a hotel with a complimentary breakfast, but they were significantly higher in price than the Garden Inn.The rooms had a fridge and microwave, which was helpful for quick breakfasts. The room was clean and spacious enough for my husband and I, and our two teenage boys. I did a ton of research before picking this hotel, and I think the location was perfect. I highly recommend it, unless you can afford top of the line....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for all the wonderful things you said about our hotel. It is very true...we are within easy walking distance of almost anything in Arlington and just 2 blocks away from Metro to DC. we look forward to your next visit.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was a nice stay. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and hotel well kept. Good room service and restaurant. Parking was the most reasonable I found for a nice hotel. This is in a good location not too far from Metro stop and close to AMC theater with some good restaurants nearby. Front desk staff were some of the nicest I have encountered.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
David H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
What a nice review. Thank you...we are very proud ofthe hotel after the $6 million we spent to renovate it and make it the nicest hotel in Arlington. We are happy and proud that we could make your stay a great one and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!