“Excellent Location and Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Excellent Location and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Just returned from a four night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Arlington Courthouse. Location is excellent - metro is a block away and there are numerous restaurants, delis, bars, and bakeries in the area. Additional restaurants and shops are in Clarendon - one metro stop or a walk away. We were welcomed immediately by the staff and each staff member was friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel is completing a renovation - the lobby and breakfast room were being redone while we were there. The room to which we were first assigned had a broken air conditioner. We called the front desk and an engineer was there within three minutes. When he realized that the unit could not be fixed quickly, he notified the front desk and they sent personnel to move our belongings to a room down the hallway. Even with this glitch, I rated this property very good because of location, price (Our AAA rate was $107 which is good for that area), and the friendliness/helpful attitude of staff.

Room Tip: Top floor - 8th - was quiet. Even near the elevators we heard no noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
West Lafayette IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and found this to be clean, quiet, comfortable beds, and a good shower. The people at the front desk were very friendly. Our rate included the breakfast buffet which included several hot items (oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage), yogurt, cold cereal, pastries, fruit, juices, etc. The people who worked in the breakfast room were nice and friendly though some of the hot items weren't very warm and their coffee wasn't very good (though they serve Starbucks in the lobby and the packets for the coffee maker in the rooms are Starbucks).

They are currently remodeling the breakfast area so the buffet was in the lounge. Even though there was construction, we did not hear any noise on the 8th floor.

The only problem that we had was that we had a difficult time finding a good temperature in the room. It was either too stuffy or too cold. This seems to be a typical problem in hotel rooms.

The hotel can be reached from National Airport via the Blue line to Roslyn where you change to the Orange line to Courthouse. Take the Courthouse Plaza exit (there is an elevator if you have large luggage) and you can see the hotel as you exit Metro. The Orange line can also be used to reach Metro Center, Smithsonian, etc. We paid $128 including the breakfast buffet which is a good value compared to hotels in DC.

There are several nice looking restaurants about 2 blocks away.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Crestview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a convenient location when the Metro station is not closed. The staff was helpful with transportation since we needed to get into the city for touring and Amtrak to return home after the weekend. The breakfast buffet is varied and bountiful, but a bit pricey. There is no view, since the hotel is downtown facing apartments and office buildings, but is close to everything across the river and just a couple of Metro stops away. We recommend the Bayou Bakery and the chinese restaurant just a couple of blocks up from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I arrived at 10:00pm as a woman travelling alone using the DC Metro system from the airport to hotel. Completely safe neighborhood. Desk staff very friendly, professional and accomodating. When I entered my room, I discovered a school group had rooms on my floor. I asked the front desk if I could move and they got me a new room without any hesitaton. From that point on, for the 4-night stay, everything was perfect. I don't recommend the dining room for breakfast, unless you want the buffet. There was no menu and thus you can have less than the buffet but you don't know what your charges are until the check arrives.

Room Tip: Since a lot of school groups travel to DC, ask for a room not on the floor with one of these groups...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

You do look out at a wall when you ask for natural light. But our room was clean. The staff was really helpful. They didn't have movies on the TV, but promised that another time they would. Super close to the metro which is nice for coming and going...the neighborhood is all new so it lacks character. BUt, the walk to the bridge across to Georgetown is shorter than you'd think. The dueling air conditioner/heater (trying to keep the thermostat steady) was really loud at night so we turned all of it off.

Room Tip: I'd ask for the street side for the brighter light.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GMHGIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for giving us a review of your recent stay. I couldn't ask for more than your headline of your review, " Staff is great, super clean and good location" Key elements in travel. I am very proud of our friendly team and they take good care of our guests and the hotel.

We are about to receive 100 new air conditioning units. I would think this will resolve some of the cycling on and off noise of some of the older units.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to get out and walk. We have a very consentient location for any type of travel.
Thanks again. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

McMinnville, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in December, 2011. The room was big, nicely appointed and clean. The breakfast was nice (if a bit pricey) and I liked having the on-site parking, and a short walk to the Metro station, which is the main reason I chose the hotel in the first place. The staff also couldn't be nicer.

The only negative for me was the view out my window, which faced a large building to the east (I was on the back of the hotel essentially), and on a low floor. And whether it is normal or not I'm not sure, but there was a HUGE mound of trash and empty boxes piled up below the window, which could have been weeks of trash for all I can tell. Unfortunately in my memory of an otherwise nice two night stay, it's the first thing I think of when I think of my stay there.

Would I recommend? Yes. But get a street-facing room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad you recognized our team as being friendly and the hotel in general being a great place to stay.

I am sorry about your view from your window. Unfortunately, like most hotels we have a few views that are more desirable than others. The items outside your window were due to our renovation and shipping of furniture into the building. We have since worked with our local recycler and increased the number of pick-ups to prevent any amount of accumulation in the back area.

Thanks again for the great feedback. We are looking forward to your return visit in the future.

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the second time this past weekend--first time was 2 years ago. We are a family of four, with 2 teenagers. The room had 2 queen beds, a sofa, and a desk with chair. As is true with most Hilton hotels, the beds were so comfortable. The room, hallway, and bathroom were spotless. Having a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot in the room made it helpful for keeping snacks on hand.

The hotel itself is very clean and you can't beat the location. The Courthose Metro stop is literally across the street and a less than 5 minute walk which made getting in to DC very easy. Lots of restaurants within a 15 minute walk from the hotel. We didn't arrive for check-in until well after midnight. The staff was very nice and checked us in quickly. When we wanted dinner suggestions or tourist recommendations the staff were so very nice and helpful. The warm cookies and brewed Starbuck in the lobby helps, too. The bigggest downside is that there is no complementary breakfast and the $12 per day parking--which is cheaper than most hotels, but still annoying.

This hotel gets my highest praise and thanks for another great trip!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent family trip. I really appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and the staff. Time and time again I hear about how friendly and accommodating my team is. They take great pride in taking good care of our guests and understand the value of good hospitality. Our clean and friendly service, as you stated is only surpassed by our great location. I believe we have one of the best locations in the area for travel.

I do hope to see you again soon. I would recommend asking about our 'Bed & Breakfast " rate on your return visit. That rate will include breakfast and is a good value. Unfortunately, as you are aware, parking in the city is at a premium. We do keep our rates competitive to below our local competition. The garage is secured every evening and only hotel guests can access the garage. There are other parking options in the area, but the garage is the best option keeping you close and out of the weather.

Thanks again for the great feedback. Hope to see you soon.