“Great place to stay when visiting DC” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Great place to stay when visiting DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have stayed at this place before and returned again for this trip because it is an excellent hotel with great access to DC at a fraction of the cost of most hotels in downtown DC.

The room/bathroom was clean and all towels/sheets were too. The wifi worked perfect and having a fridge and kitchenette in the room was handy. Also, we got a folder bed since there was 3 of us staying in a double room and there was no problems.
I think the main factor for me returning was that the hotel is within walking distance (less than 5 minute walk) to a convenience store, bars/take away and the orange metro which takes you straight into the heart of DC.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, and would consider this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
GMHGIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for the great review during your return visit to our hotel. I appreciate you outlining the positive points to other travelers. We take great pride in taking care of our guests and our location can’t be beat.

I hope you come back soon and get an opportunity to try out one of our newly renovated rooms.

Thanks again for the great feedback. We will see you soon.

Gary Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Campinas, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I really liked the room size and the location of this Garden, though I found a dirty sock of another guest (?) forgotten behind the bed, on the floor. I spent all my time sightseeing in Washington so I used the nearby subway station very often to short trip to the main sights, almost always without the need of a train change. I think this place is a better option than staying in Washington because you can get a better price there and also find a lot of small and affordable places to dinner when you return at night. I even went to Washington by bike on a night; there's a public bike rental just across the metro station, though I have to find that out by myself because the misinformed lady in the front desk could only say that there was no such service nearby and it would be closed anyway. Well, it's very close, there's a bike trail to Washington, and it's open all the time, since it's a self-rental system. The paid breakfast at the hotel was very good as well.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
GMHGIA, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Tahnk you for reviewing our hotel after your recent visit. We appreciate the feedback regarding your stay. I am disspaointed to learn of the personal items left behind in yoru room but have reviewed with our houskeeping team as a training tool. Our hotel does boastw a great location and a friendly team. I will also reach out to the front desk and inform them of the new rental bike station available across from the metro. This is a nice opetion for guests who would like to bike around the community.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel. We are looking forward to your return in the future,

nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in November. It is about 1 1/2 blocks from the courthouse metro station on the orange line. Yes, the hotel decor is dated,but it was very clean. My room was on the 8th floor and I thought the street noise was minimal.The hotel allowed me to check in early which I really appreciated. I had the newer pillow top bed which was very comfortable.
There is a coffee maker,hairdryer and iron in the room. Also internet is free to guests.My only suggestions would be that a magnified mirror and a bathroom vent would be nice.
On Sat morning there is a flea market across the street. there are several restaurants(subway,sports bar,5 guys burger,pizza etc...) within 4 blocks. There is also a small movie theatre in the courthouse plaza.
The metro ride is about 15 min to the Smithsonian stop. Trains run about every 10-15 min during the week and about every 20-30 min on the weekend.
I paid about half the price of a downtown DC hotel. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less street noise
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you found the hotel a good value. I hope to see you in the near future. We are in the process of completing a full renovation of the hotel including guest rooms that will update the appearance. i renovation will include full renovation of guest rooms and public space including new beds in the guest rooms.

We hope to see you again soon. thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel.

DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This hotel isn't fancy but it had everything we needed and was in a great location - all for a great price.

Room Tip: Our only complaint was that the room was quite warm.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your brief review of our hotel during your recent stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Our porperty is undergoing a full renovation which will include complete guest room renovation and all public space.

Until completion we will do our best to continue to offer our friendly, clean and well maintained service to our loyal guests such as yourself.

Thanks again for the response. We hope to see you soon.

Gary gray
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel off and on for several years and have always been happy with it . . . good location, good restaurants in the area, quiet and usually a good experience with the front desk staff. Unfortunately there are several things that need to be address soon in terms of maintenance . . . in paticular the beds. The memory foam is worn out so you end up sleeping in a hole. The comforters are in need of replacement as well. The workout area needs help too; the belts slip on the treadmills and the audio for headphones doesn't work on the elipticals. I will be happy to provide a more positive review after these items have been addressed as well as those listed in other reviews.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback regarding yoru December visit to our hotel. We do pride ourselves on our friendly service and keeping our hotel clean. We are also very pleased to announce we have started a complete renovation of the property to be completed in late Spring of 2012. We currently have some renovated rooms completed with new guest bedding and will also be replacing our fitness cneter and equipment with the new designated PRECOR fitness as outlined by Hilton.

We do hope you come back to experience our finished product and welcome all comments on every stay.

Thanks again for providing us with your feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I love the location because it's close to the metro, restaurants and my family! It's usually more expensive than similar properties and I'm not sure why. This time though I was able to get a good rate. I wish they had a free continental breakfast but they do have free coffee and tea.

• Stayed November 2011
Perth Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Close to the METRO, it was quiet, safe & close to many places to eat.

The staff made this excellent hotel even better - Greg & Sheila (and I forget the other gentleman's name - I think it was Melvin? sorry!!!) were an absolute delight!!!!! Our last night was spent talking to them about Australia (we were going to have an early night BUT got carried away & enjoyed talking too much). Even when confronted by some rather hostile guests, Greg & Sheila were still extremely pleasant, helpful & professional - I hope they get the recognition they deserve!

We spent 4 nights here so we could explore DC. Rooms were spotless. HUbby loved the fact that there was a gym here so we could take an hour away from each other

On our 3rd night there, we were woken by the fire alarm at 5am so that was a shock. Thank God it was only a false alarm as all of our goodies were left in the room and being on the top floor having a bad leg, I found the trip down the stairs a bit taxing. Because of this, we were given a free breakfast.

MMMMMM, the breakfasts!!!! Im not a big brekky person BUT damn!! It was delish! Made to order omelettes at the Great American Grill which were the best I have ever had!!!!!

We loved it here! Found the people of DC to be wonderful

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse Plaza? Share your experiences!