“Excellence!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“Excellence!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

I usually find myself only writing reviews of hotels if I have something to complain about! But this place is definately the exception! A wonderful hotel with very friendly staff. The beds are absolutely heavenly! Very clean rooms and facilities and no noise from neighboring rooms or hallways. I had the best two nights sleep I've ever had in a hotel room. It was only a short walk to the Metro and a short ride to the heart of DC. Definately worth staying here as opposed to the expensive hotels in DC.
Loved it!

Stayed May 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

We stayed here for two nights with our granddaughter in late March, 2007. Everything about the hotel was good - room was large, very comfortable and clean, nice view from our windows, the price (AARP) was very good and even better when we found they would not charge for parking, since the elevator to the garage was out of service. We
did not miss the elevator, since it was a short walk up the ramp or one flight of steps and we did not have to use our car once there. It was an easy walk to the Metro - and restaurants - and just a couple of stops from Arlington Cemetery.

The breakfast was plentiful and there was something each of us liked.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit DC yet
stay out of the city.

• Liked — comfortable room
  • Disliked — staff at front desk did not seem to know much about the area
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2007

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here in last 6 months and it was as exceptional as the last time. Great stay, great service as always. Jawad at the front desk was very attentive to our needs.
This will continue to be one of my hotels of choice whenever I come to the D.C. area.

• Liked — Great Service
  • Disliked — Did not get my wake up call one morning
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

Stayed here on business in the Crystal City area for 3 days. Excellent Metro and VRE Access. The staff was very accomodating to my red-eye flight that arrived in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday. Fast elevators, quiet/spacious rooms. Breakfast is an incredible spread to even the most discriminating (picky) palattes - although crowded first thing in the morning but expected during business hours. Excellent staff, very helpful with all needs. King room was spacious and cozy with supportive mattress, mini-fridge and microwave. Only downside is the business center which operates on its own weird program and you can't print out attachments from email, BUT, again they were accomodating and had the Radisson help out in that area by printing and delivering for me. Surprise bonus: cookies to die for in the evenings around 6:30 pm at the front desk - chocolate chip macadamia & cranberry or plain chocolate chip. Will definitely stay here again! Solid, unparalleled service.

• Liked — Service/amenities, location to Crystal City and surrounding areas
  • Disliked — Business center software program which is inflexible to the business traveler
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

My family and I stayed at this hotel March 18-24, 2007. The guy driving the airport shuttle was very nice and was to the airport to pick us up in less than three minutes after I called. Check in was very fast. Our room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is about a five minute walk to the Marta (which we used a lot).

There was always a complementary bag of popcorn in the room which the kids enjoyed after a long day of sight seeing. My husband enjoyed
the fact there was free internet service in the room. It would have been nice if we had a safe in the room, but there was one at the front desk. They were very nice about storing our things while we went out for the day, and we used it every day. The complementary breakfast was very good. There was a different hot item every day, and the staff made sure that everything was always stocked. The bathroom in the lobby was very clean and the pool was nice too. My daughter went to the pool during our stay and she enjoyed it. There was a lifeguard on duty, but he didn’t seem to pay attention to what anyone was doing while swimming.

During our week long stay I had two complaints. While checking in, there was a homeless guy in the lobby that followed my family and I upstairs. The staff at the front desk said nothing to him. When we got to our floor he went a different way, I think because he saw another family to follow. Second, after coming back to the hotel after a day of sightseeing, we arrived to a dirty room. Our room wasn’t clean; the cleaning service came into the room, but only to take out our dirty towels. I called to the front desk and immediately someone came up and gave us fresh hand rags and towels and emptied the trash.

There was a light that was out in the kitchenette area. When I reported it to the front desk it was immediately fixed. My husband is a very critical person of hotels, but had nothing but nice things to say about the Hampton Inn.

When visiting the DC area, I would defiantly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

We just returned from a 5-night stay at this Hampton, which served as our home base while we took our 9-year-old to see D.C. during his spring break. We booked this Hampton mainly because they have suites, which we need when traveling as a family. Also, they provide free breakfast; the price was right; and the proximity to D.C. and a Metro stop was excellent. We were not disappointed in any way. In fact, it was probably better than we expected, when compared to other Hamptons we've stayed at. I could go on and on about what I loved (the nearby restaurants and Starbucks; the BED -- how I miss it already! -- and wonderful pillows; the fresh, free coffee 24/7). I only have a few quibbles. One: the bathroom. The bathroom in the suite (containing only the commode and tub) is very peculiar. It's tiny; you can barely stand inside and shut the door. The tub and the wallpaper are so dull and utilitarian, you can't help but wonder what they were thinking when they planned this. Two: they have a wonderful indoor heated pool, but it has bizarre hours (it reopens at 6 pm after being closed much of the day). Still, these are small issues compared with everything they do right at this hotel. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The terrific location!
  • Disliked — The bizarrely tiny bathroom!
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Longwood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

Stayed here in late January for 3 nights and was very pleased with the accommodation even though the elevator to the parking garage was not working during the entire stay. Because of that the hotel immediately gave us free parking (normally $10 a night). Luckily we had no problem going up and down the steps and saved $30.

The room was comfortable and looked out onto the street (which can be noisy at times). We liked the convenience to the Metro (they will even shuttle you to the Metro if you like but it is walkable) and it was a fairly easy drive to Old Town Alexandria for dinner. If you have a car it's definitely worth the trip to Old Town. We had dinner at Casablanca (a Moroccan restaurant - great atmosphere and not too expensive), Las Tapas (excellent place - one of my favorites when I'm in the area), and Geranio (continental Italian food - not cheap but very good food and good service).

Because these are junior suites you get a small refrigerator and a microwave. We like to have sodas on hand at night so the refrigerator came in handy.

The hotel breakfast was very good and well stocked with a variety of items. It's a great deal if you want to visit DC without the exorbitant prices.

Overall we had a very nice stay here and would come back again.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, convenience to Metro, internet access, breakfast
  • Disliked — Elevator not working
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!