“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This Hotel is located about 5 mins form the city center driving. The location is great and the staff is professional and pleasant. No bugs in the bed. The hotel is clean, the room is clean, the decor is updated and we had a 32" flat screen television. You can also sit in the lobby and relax or sit in the breakfast room which has 24 hr coffee service and a comfortable sitting area with a 42" flat screen television. There is a broad selection of items at breakfast from muffins, danishes, yogurt, individual boxed cereals, eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, a waffle maker etc. The tables fill up quickly but we never had a problem obtaining one.The pool is nice and comfortable. You can also use the pool next door at the Radisson if you prefer an outdoor pool. The area is safe and has many restaurants within walking distance. The metro is a block away. No problem obtaining a parking space, which is an additional $12.00 dollars but is cheap in comparison to the Radisson's $20.00 fee. I felt like I got my moneys worth and the wonderful breakfast was a bonus. The 24 hr business center is helpful and never full. I was able to purchase tickets to events and print them out right away. There also is a little 24 hr snack shop if needed. Also, we drove into D.C. daily and we never had a problem finding free parking in and around the monuments and museums however some are restricted to 3hr max parking. Traffic was never an issue either. Maybe we got lucky. This Hampton Inn is the way to go!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites during the first weekend of August 2010. To start off, the hotel does not run its airport shuttle on a schedule, so you will have to call them at the airport and request for a pick up.

Check-in was quick. We arrived in the morning before check-in time, but they were able to stored our bags for us. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from the Crystal City Metro Station and we used the Metro to get to pretty much everywhere in DC. The complimentary breakfast is pretty good as well with lots of choices.

My room was located at the end of the hallway. It's fairly big and looked clean - there's a fridge and a mircowave inside the room. Like all good travellers these days, I pulled the sheets back to check for any signs of bed bugs on the mattress. The mattress looked clean and brand new. I also checked the headboard and lifted the mattress up and found it to be clean as well.

The first night, as I was about to get into bed, I pulled the blanket back and I found a bug crawling on the sheet. It was brown and has the shape and size of what may be a bed bug. However when I crushed it, its outer shell was hard and no red blood squirted out. I then pulled the blankets and the sheets back to see if there were more bugs, but found nothing. I also inspected the pillowcases and mattresses again, and found nothing. So not sure if it was a bed bug or not, or where the bug came from - but I felt pretty uneasy the whole night.

The second night, I rechecked the mattress, the sheets and the blanket and it was bug-less. I don't believe I was bitten (it has been 3 days now) but upon arriving home, I washed all my clothes right away and vacuumed my suitcase.

Overall, aside from that 1 bug encounter, the experience was pretty solid: cheap rates, great location, good complimentary breakfast, and free in room internet. Just double check your bed before climbing in!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank felix190
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

travelled to washington with my family from scotland and found this hampton inn to be ideal location.The metro system is five minute walk which is quiet pleasent when there's not a heat wave.there is plenty of resturants about and we felt safe walking about at night .The breakfast was good but was busy with a shortage seating.The staff where friendly and helpful .

Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I would highly recommend staying at this Hampton Inn. Even though the hotel was full to capacity, we enjoyed a quiet stay. The breakfast station always had a nice selection of hot and cold foods, and cookies in the afternoon. It is within a 2 block walking distance to the Crystal City metro, and a block from several restaurants. Although their indoor pool was closed during the day, we had use of the outdoor pool next door at the Radison. Very convenient to everything you need.

Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the last night of our Washington DC trip. We checked in after 6 pm after a great day of sightseeing in Virginia. We were given a room with two beds instead of the room with a king bed that I had booked. I immediately called down to the front desk and the man who answered said something like "If that is what you were given, then that is what we have." When I continued to protest, he at first told me that at the time I booked the room on the computer (By the way, it was over a month ahead of our stay) other people were also booking a room with a king bed, so that by the time I finished, a room with a king bed was not available. Then, a little later he said that actually some guests who were already staying at the hotel had extended their stay and that was why no king beds were available. Finally he transferred me to another employee who he said was his supervisor. After I expressed my unhappiness, this second employee called me back and said that he could offer me a $50 credit on the bill. After I accepted that, he told me that he had changed some things around and that a non-smoking room with a king bed was now available. I asked how long it would take for the room to be ready and he said that the room was just next door and that he could send someone up to give up our keys in a couple of minutes. I told him that we would rather have the room with the king bed and the change was made. If that was the end of the story, I would not have taken the time to write this review because even though it was a hassle, at least at the end the problem was solved.
That night, my husband called down to the front desk to ask for a 5:30 am wake-up call. That call never came. Luckily, because of the check-in issues I had taken the time to set an alarm clock for the first time all trip. Otherwise we would have missed our flight home. Another issue is that we had also asked about the airport shuttle the evening before and had been told that we just had to call down 15 minutes before to ask for the shuttle. We did that, but when we arrived at the front desk we were told that we had to go next door for the Radisson shuttle instead. The Radisson shuttle was not there, but luckily Enterprise Rental Cars also operates a shuttle from the same parking lot and the driver was nice enough to let us hop aboard. This was a decent hotel, but we would not stay here again because of the front desk employees.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed here for two nights over the long Independence Day weekend. This hotel is located in Arlington, but is just a two block walk to the Crystal City metro station for easy access to DC. Many shops, restaurants, and other hotels in the immediate area. Room and common areas were all extremely clean and modern (a refreshing change from most other Crystal City hotels and their 1970s-ish architecture). Was given a room on the eighth floor with two double beds, a flat panel TV, desk, fridge/freezer combo, small sitting area, and HUGE bathroom with an unusually large number of toiletries provided. Wireless internet was free and worked fine. There is a fitness room and a small indoor pool which both looked nice although we did not use either. Great breakfast included with stay, including a rotating selection of hot items in addition to standard continental fare. Self parking in the garage was $12 per day, which is quite reasonable for the location. An excellent alternative to pricy hotels in the District. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank more_jello_please
Snohomish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Our visit was great. Perfect for the teen boys we were with. The beds/room were a little small, and there wasn't enough room for a fold out bed. Other than that, it was a great place. Really nice buffet hot breakfast, with a rotating variety of choices each day. Once a week they do a 'social hour'-which I have to admit I laughed at when I read about it, but after coming back from a long hot day of being in DC during rush hour on the metro it was so nice. We were greeted with a waiter carring a tray of hors d'oeuvres. There was a little bar offering COLD beer, pop and wine (all comp...with a tip jar). What a nice touch. You were able to choose between the indoor pool in the hotel or the outdoor pool in the hotel next door (nice surprise). The location was perfect, close to the metro, shopping and a good variety of restaurants (cheap fast food to high end steak houses). The rooms were quiet and clean. Staff was polite.