“stay at Hampton Inn Crystal City” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
A TripAdvisor Member
“stay at Hampton Inn Crystal City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A great place to stay if you are visiting DC! Great staff, close to Metro, good breakfast, just a really nice hotel. Would highly recommend, especially to families. My mom, daughter and I stayed for a 6 day trip to DC, found the staff to be fantastic. Breakfast has good variety and is good quality, they also offer a breakfast to go if you don't have time to sit and eat. Room was very clean and bed very comfortable. Conveniently located with large mall underground across the street with several dining choices. A great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Louisburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years in a row and had wonderful experiences both times. I would highly recommend it. The linens were soft and smelled nice... they didn't feel rough and didn't have that HOTEL smell to them. The room was large and spacious, as was the bathroom/vanity area. Very close to the metro station, so we parked and didn't move our vehicle again until it was time to go home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here while visiting Washington DC. The staff was friendly, from check in until check out. My room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and I slept well.
The breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn breakfast with a variety of both hot and cold items.
I used their shuttle service to go and get something to eat for dinner. The shuttle service was available on demand.
I did have a car with me and the hotel has a very convenient underground parking garage (I believe the cost was $15 per day with in and out privileges).
I won't be revisiting the DC area again until 2016, but I already know that I'll be staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
McFarland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just got back from a trip to D.C. and spent 4 nights at the Hampton Inn. It was great! Fast and free shuttle from the airport. Fast check-in; friendly staff. Great rooms -- we stayed in one on the 3rd floor and one on the 10th floor and both were really quiet. The breakfast was excellent with a number of healthy options as well as some sweets. We also really loved the free wireless. The free shuttle, free wireless and free breakfast are very unusual for a hotel in the D.C. area and those amenities alone would add $20-$30 a day or more at most hotels! The hotel is a 3 block walk to the Metro, and then a quick 10-15 minute metro ride into the city. Super convenient to the airport. The only complaint the people along on our trip had is that the pool is only open to guests from 6-10 am and 6-10 pm on weekdays (open all day on the weekend). That was not an issue for me, but if you have kids who might want to swim during the afternoon, you should know this ahead of time.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor near the elevator on on the 10th floor and both were extremely quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Went with another family to explore the area over a long weekend in Feb 2013. Got a great price on two rooms. Everything was clean and well-maintained. Some construction in the lobby but nothing bothersome. Free cookies were a nice touch. Five minutes to the Metro. Parking was easy and not outrageously expensive.Will definitely stay here on our next trip to D.C.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had a king suite booked , checked in, went to our room---it reaked of smoke. I called the front desk from that room and was told they were sold out that night and couldn't accommodate another king suite. They gave us a king sleeper sofa room instead. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he would be in tomorrow morning. We took the other room which was clean and smelled fine. We left the next morning and when we returned from a day of sightseeing our new room smelled like smoke - not as bars but smelled like smoke??? I told the front desk as we were leaving for dinner and the clerk said she had other complaints of this smell and the room we had booked was still out of commission from the smell...who is checking these rooms to be sure they are ready?? This is supposed to be a NON smoking hotel ..If you like the smell of tobacco than this is your hotel. If NOT go elsewhere !!

Stayed July 2013
Robin H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the smell of your suite during your stay and we hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area.

Thanks,

Robin Highfield
Director of Sales
robin.highfield@hilton.com
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Let me start off by saying I have stayed at this hotel now, perhaps 3-5 times over the past year or so. The hotel is nice, in a nice location and the staff has been good - and I would not have continued to come back if it had been anything less. Nothing has been so outstanding good or bad that I've felt the need to review the hotel outside of my first review of this property. I will start this review before I arrived at the property as my flight was delayed by over an hour which transport included would have placed me at the Crystal City metro station after midnight. I called from the airport before we took off to ensure that the shuttle van would be available after midnight to come get me from the metro station, as I just didn't feel safe walking with luggage by myself at that time of night, in Crystal City or anywhere I would be arriving at that time of night. When the phone was finally answered the young lady who answered kind of chuckled when I relayed my concerns to her regarding walking by myself from the metro station that late at night and was very dismissive to my concerns - and said "the area is very safe, don't worry about walking". OK, my question was not answered but I thought perhaps I would call again once I landed to see if I could get a better answer. I called not once but twice while in my car from BWI (long story as to why I flew in there and needed to get to Arlington) to Union Station and the telephone was never answered. There is little to no reception on the Metro so I decided to just deal with it once I got to Crystal City. Of course there were no cabs anywhere around at that time and it was well after midnight when I arrived so I just decided to walk it. The walk was fine, but my point regarding the comment about the safety of the area stands. So, along with the front door being locked when I arrived to the hotel I was already off to a bad start with this property. Check in was smooth and I got to my room and pretty much passed out - it had been a long day of travel. When I woke up on Monday morning I had a chance to look at my room - it was old. The oldest I'd been in at this hotel and just didn't seem up to standards that I expect from this hotel. It was very clean - Hampton clean - but my towels had spots from wear on them and one duvet had a spot on it - really really unusual - I guess I just drew the bad room this time. Early that first morning and that second evening what appeared to be a family of 10 or so had the room next to me and the room across from me - there was a lot of them and they were loud - I could hear pretty much everything going on between the rooms and in the rooms both morning and evening. Again, kind of unusual for this property - it's usually pretty quiet. Here's where my experience takes an unusual direction. I worked downtown all day on Monday and on my return to the hotel I was coming in the back entrance, which is easiest from the Metro). The sidewalk is brick. Uneven brick. I was walking and what I though I did was trip over a brick and fall, but upon landing on the sidewalk, I discovered my knee had dislocated and I was laid out on the sidewalk for about 5 min in searing incredible pain. Once my knee relocated itself I collected my things and hobbled into the back door, up to the area by where they keep water and soda, got a water and a soda and explained to the desk clerk what happened, and she tried to give me the drinks for free almost as if to apologize for what happened. I insisted on paying for the drinks, and, honestly, I was a little shell-shocked by what had just happened to me so I continued to stand there and ask what I should do - I wanted nothing more than to go lay down so when I was ignored, I walked away. Following that I encountered two desk clerks and what appeared to be a manager. One of the desk clerks in her best whisper voice that wasn't so good whispered very loudly - "there's the lady that fell out back" giggle giggle giggle. I am about 99% sure the security camera picked up the whole incident so I'm sure that's how they knew (I was also wearing the same clothing). I'm pretty sure they saw my death stare and at that point I decided to just address it with someone when I checked out the next day. Upon check out I mentioned what happened the day before to not one but all 3 people at the desk and not one crap was given about it - I even mentioned it to the driver of the van on the way to Reagan that afternoon and not that I expected him to do anything about it but my concern wasn't even acknowledged. I know summer is a busy time for this hotel - they were swamped with vacations and conferences going on but the lack of concern about not only a customer's medical issue but a potential liability issue on their part is concerning. I've made the decision as I sit at my desk with my knee elevated and iced, that I will not be back to this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!