we loved our stay at Hampton Inn:
1) close to Metro station and Crystal City underground shopping - about 2 blocks away from Crystal City Metro, 15 minutes from attractions. You're also only 1 metro stop away from Pentagon City shopping - Nordstrom, Best Buy, etc.
2) comfortable beds and clean bathrooms - these are total must haves for me at any stay, from 5 star to 2 star
3) FREE WIFI (need I say more Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton who charge a $15+ resort fee)
4) FREE BREAKFAST (need I say more again?) This saved our family of 4 at least $20/day. And it was not just cold breakfast, I'm talking hot omelets, scrambled eggs, country potatoes, bacon, pork sausage patties, french toast sticks, make your own waffles in addition to hot oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, muffins, donuts, OJ, apple juice, milk, coffee, tea (selection on hot items vary daily)
5) free shuttle to and from Reagan National Airport - this saved $10 one way for a taxi ride
6) Business center with free printing - many hotels now charge per page for printing
Most of all, the friendly and accommodating staff
This was a great stay for us in an perfect neighborhood location.