“Beware - Elevator doesn't work.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Tucson, Arizona
“Beware - Elevator doesn't work.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was trapped in the elevator 2 times in a 4 night stay. Management couldn't care less. Acts like it happens all the time. We have stayed here several times before without problems, and like the easy metro access. But, walking up and down the stairs or being trapped for 20 minutes to wait for the fire department is a choice I shouldn't have to make - especially twice.

Room Tip: Pick a low floor and take the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DanielM587, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and poor level of service you encountered during your time with us. If you would please contact us directly, we will be more than happy to further discuss and rectify this stay. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. Did not see/experience/feel what some of the recent so so reviewers noted. Room was quiet, very quiet. Breakfast, while very busy, was generally good with decent variety. I particularly enjoyed the oatmeal with various toppings. Some renovation going on right now - imagine everything will feel roomier once complete. Pool , while a little small, was plenty big to keep my 9 and 11 year old happy ... even with three other boys in the pool at the same time. Metro station was close. 24 hour CVS a block away was super convenient. Lot's of restaurants within walking distance. Staff was awesome - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

On a recent business trip to DCA I opted to stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites - Reagan National Airport and I was not disappointed. The shuttle arrived fairly promptly upon landing and making a quick call to the hotel. Although the check in desk and dining area are currently under renovation (It was in fact advertised on their web page when I booked) the staff were most friendly in welcoming me as a Hilton Honors member and quickly checked me in ahead of the stated check in time. I found the room to be recently refurbished with pleasant earthy colors and all the conveniences you could ask for including a 40+ in television in HD, with substantial channels and a very strong internet connection, which worked seamlessly for me throughout my stay. I slept fine with a nice comfortable bed, good air conditioning and a quiet rest. In the morning I found immediate and plenty of hot water, a new shower head and off to breakfast I went in one of the conference rooms due to the construction. Breakfast was what you'd expect at any Hampton and of course it was free. I checkout and asked for a cab, which was quickly called for me and off I went about my business. Throughout my stay I found the staff both attentive and friendly. I will surely put this hotel towards the top of my list when I return for future business.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you're crossing the street near this hotel, be careful! It's easy to get confused about where you're allowed to cross and where you aren't, and you could get stranded in the middle of the road. Pay attention to the crosswalk locations. Also, if you're walking to the Crystal City Metro station, it's easy to get stuck on the wrong street level and have to go out of your way. Not fun if you're in a hurry.

The hotel breakfast room was being remodeled when I stayed there. The standard Hampton Inn breakfast (pretty decent at this hotel) was being served in a meeting room. Butt he carpet in the hallway leading to that room was filthy, as was the floor of the elevator (covered with old spills). The hallway carpet on my floor didn't smell very fresh either. The room itself seemed clean.

The front desk staff didn't seemed too thrilled about storing my luggage after checkout, but they went ahead and did it, with no bad results. Generally speaking the staff was fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems and other inconveniences you experienced. Unclean common areas are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our property meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
Plymouth, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Happily, it was only about a five-minute walk to the Crystal City metro station, and the hotel provides shuttle transport to Reagan Airport. Our King-size suite was spacious and comfortable, tastefully decorated and very clean [besides the cupboards and behind the faucet]. But I would rate this as an average hotel for several reasons. The rooms along the street are very loud - one hears traffic all night long, which the fan could only cover up to a point. That is not the hotel's fault, but it is a drawback nonetheless. The pool is tiny though the pictures make it look spacious. The breakfast room needs more staff to keep the room tidy and also needs to order more food when the hotel is crowded [we only got doughnuts one of the five mornings we were there because they were out all of the other days]. The oatmeal was like half water, half oatmeal - I told the attendant, and her reply was, "Oh, it will soak up after a while." Hmmm... Basically, the staff here needs to up their game and re-focus on being attentive. We stayed for five nights, and on a daily basis, we contended with somewhat lazy staff who didn't stay on top of their job unless asked. What with not bothering to refill tea bags when they ran out in the lobby, taking forever to get them when asked to do so [one forgot about us so we waited 20+ minutes, and one claimed "we don't have any" just to get out of it - though she recanted when another staff member gave her a look and then went and got us some], over-watering the juice at breakfast so they wouldn't have to make so much, not bringing up the roll-away until asked twice - three times if you include our initial phoned-in request, not bothering to clean the dingy cupboards in our room or the area behind the faucet, etc. Yes, I would stay again. But to be an above average hotel, the staff needs to get their head in the game. Also, we did have an issue because we booked the hotel initally on Travelocity. I would suggest you NOT book with Travelocity unless the price is significantly lower than the Hampton Inn direct price. Note that the smaller suite cannot fit a rollaway bed in it, so be sure to book the King suite if you need a rollaway bed. Last thought - get the elevators checked, manager! They are the clunkiest-sounding elevators I've ever ridden on, which is pretty disconcerting. Elevators should not make clinking sounds like that.

Room Tip: Ask for the side opposite the street! Also, the small suites do not fit rollaway beds so book a king...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experiences. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We picked this hotel because of the location. It was only a few blocks from Crystal City Metro!! Also it was only a few blocks from several restaurants. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable that we were able to sleep fast!! The only problem about this hotel was that we picked the “wrong time” because of the renovation. The breakfast area was being renovated and we had to go to a temporary small breakfast area so it was so crowded. However, we were able to find what we want to eat. Someone complained about no fruits, we saw a large bowl of fruits but it was in the far end of the breakfast area. I’m sure that the regular breakfast area will look wonderful when the renovation is completed. If we plan to come back again, we will want to stay this hotel because it’s so convenient to all the shops and restaurants and the metro!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Great location and value, however a lot of noisy from the major highway/roads. The ladies in the evening after 5 pm where very friendly, helpful and full of information. The room experience needs a little work but very clean and smelled fresh. The 2 Hispanic Women in the morning were very rude , unfriendly never smile and should take lessons from the night shift on hospitality. Housekeeper was nice and left me extra towels and soap as needed through my stay.

• Stayed January 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We want you to know that we've addressed our staff members in regards to your review and we don't expect this to be an issue going forward. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!