“The Noisiest Hotel in the World?” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 48 hotels in Arlington
c12hamilton
“The Noisiest Hotel in the World?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

If there were prizes for noisy hotels, this hotel may be take the prize. I stay in hotels all week every week, but I have never experienced a hell like this before. Right now it is 6am and I am listening to the people around us walking around, listening to everything they say clearly, everytime they go to the bathroom our room shakes, everytime they move in fact. I had to wait until 3am until they had gone to sleep so that I could sleep first, yes that is less than 3 hours sleep a night, do you want that? This is not a one off, my wife went by the reviews on trip advisor before making the booking and we have been here for 5 nights now, and in those 5 nights we haven't slept yet! in 5 nights the total hours of sleep is less than 10

I bet you are thinking 'tell them to get you a better room', well we have! Ever since the first night we have been asking please move us to a quieter room, but get this - they move us to an even noisier room! Leading us to believe that in fact every room is awful and the whole place should be avoided if you value any kind of rest. For example, we heard a repetitive banging all night in our first room from the room above, from 1am - 6am, bang, bang, bang, so we asked to move, they moved us to the room next to the source of the banging (genius idea), and I did say 'you know you are just moving us from underneath to next door' and the response was 'we have no more rooms' - They had all day to find us another room, the people checking in had not arrived yet, move us in there and clean our room give it to them see how much they complain! Maybe it is because everyone complains they just don't care any more...

I bet you are now thinking 'Complain', well I did. You may have noticed there is a 100% good night guarantee splattered all over the place, if you haven't seen it it says '100% guarenteed good night or your money back'. Absolute rubbish, this guarantee is not worth the paper or webpage it is printed on, 2 days ago I wrote to their head office asking for a refund for the nights that we were woken up at all times of the night (literally - started at 2am, then 3am til 4am, then 5am and then cleaning started at 7am next door, this is normal according to staff), well they haven't even bothered to reply! How much of a guarantee is that? I will try and take this up with advertising standards as they are trying to get business using this guarantee but they do not want to know about, or even acknowledge anyone who tries to ask about it. I have a receipt 'hampton inn and suites arlington VA', you try and prove otherwise.

If you are a party animal and you want to stay up all night every night then this is the place for you because you will have no choice! If you try to complain or tell the hotel that you cannot get any sleep, or anything in fact, they will laugh in your face. I forgot to say that they have no curtains, no curtains for crying out loud! The light pours through the windows, when I arrived I rang to say we have no curtains and the receptionist said 'they are supposed to be like that, yes the light is supposed to pour in'. Very helpful, very classy, and obviously a well planned and built hotel with so much thought going into the operation of it, NOT!

I would recommend that anyone who wants to sleep even for an hour keeps well away from this hotel, because it will not happen here. This guarantee would be closer to the truth, and if you try to ask or complain you dont even get a response. This is my 5th morning, I haven't slept since I have been here, it is not even 7am and the cleaner has started hoovering and slamming the door to the room next door, I suppose there is another night of no sleep at all then.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, the best rooms are in other hotels, every single room here is noisy and you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielM587, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern and I sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced. If you would please contact me directly, I will have no problems resolving this issue with you. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

787 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This a very nice hotel. It's always clean, the rooms are not dated. They offer up a nice breakfast in the morning, with fruit, coffee and teas thru out the day. I have nothing bad to say about the Hampton Inn....Great hotel

Room Tip: Get up veryy early for breakfast. It can be a MADHOUSE in the morning if you wait
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were generally happy with the Hampton Inn Crystal City. Front desk service was quick. Love the corner king room with separate bedroom. Tons of room to spread out for our family of four. Lots of counter space and a separate sink with the kitchenette meant we weren't rinsing dishes in the bathroom. It had a desk that we moved out from the wall and used for eat-in dinners and breakfasts when there wasn't a table available in the breakfast room. 24 hour hot drinks, cookies when we got back from touring, and a pool for the kids in the evening was nice.

The regular breakfast room is being renovated but the meeting room that was its’ temporary home was bright and had all the same food items as the last Hampton Inn we stayed in. Satisfied with most of the breakfast offerings for the price (free). Some of the egg items were heavy on the processed cheese-like substance. Slightly different hot items each morning gave variety for our longer stay. Oatmeal and fruit salad allowed for healthier choices. Getting breakfast out of the way early, sometimes bringing it back to the room before one of the kids was even out of bed kick-started our day faster than having to go to search out a restaurant each morning.

One block to 23rd St restaurants. We ate at the Legal Seafood and Athena Pallas and ordered from The Kabob Palace and Mom's Pizza. See reviews.

Metro is 5 minute walk. Go out back door, right on Eades one block, and then right under Jefferson Davis Hwy. It seems like backtracking but fastest way to get across a major thoroughfare.

King bed: Wow, I want one for home!
Sleeper sofa: make sure kids are the only suckers using it

The TA reviews that complain about traffic noise were bang on – and this coming from a reviewer that used to have an apartment next to a freeway. We actually checked for open windows it was so loud. On one blustery night with the wind whistling through the heat/AC unit we finally figured out the street noise must come straight in the venting with nothing to dampen it. Heating/AC units are also LOUD if you're trying to drown out the street noise by turning them on for white noise. But people can get used to almost anything and a few nights in we didn't hear it any more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the Metro Station. It is also a close walk to area restaurants and shop. So the location of this hotel is great. Rooms are comfortable but did have an issue with housekeeping. Our stay was for 7 nights. Multiple days there were dirty towels not picked up when new ones were replaced. Housekeeping left them on the floor. My husband had spilt something on tile and was left there for three days before swept. Also when you book the hotel thru phone, don't believe them when they say airport shuttle is 24 hours a day. We were told to be in lobby 15 minutes before we had to leave by someone working front desk on check in. We had to be at airport at 3:30a.m. went down to lobby at 3:15 only to be told that shuttle didn't start till 4:00a.m. We were upset and frustrated. Then come to find out that the person that was going to take us was already there but decided to deliver bills to room before taking us. So this left us with an average stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping and shuttle issues you experienced. Unclean or neglected rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We want you to know that we've addressed our team members in regards to your review and we will take the necessary measures to ensure that these issues are not repeated. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future. If you would please contact us directly, we will be more than happy to further discuss and rectify this stay. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you.
great White North
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

While in DC / Arlington area for several business trips this hotel offers clean rooms, a good breakfast selection and is within easy walking distance of the Metro- Chrystal City station. (2 blocks) and is only a short cab ride or hotel shuttle from Reagan airport.There are several decent rand reasonably priced estaurants nearby as well for evening meals. Although its location will works very well for business travel in Chrystal City it will also work for leisure travel to see the sights of DC because of its easy access to the Metro. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Check-in was fast.
Initially the room looked great. As is said though, the devil is in the details. And the details in the bathroom were nasty. Mold in the shower, and something red, blood-like or I guess spaghetti sauce on the floor. Then the glob on the wall near the light switch. Have no clue what it is, but it seems to have tiny wood-splinter like things imbedded in it. Maybe too much dramatic TV that feature microbes that cause bad things to happen. In any case, not clean.

Quiet nights.

My restaurant rating is for the free breakfast, which is good. Many options for protein; boiled eggs, omelets, ham, peanut butter. Lots of fruit options, cereals, breads. I give their breakfast an “A”.

I'll stay there again because the price was right and it is convenient to the subway. But I'll make sure to pack my handi-wipes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DanielM587, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms and bathrooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place. With a few annoyances. Upon arrival to my room, 2 queens, one bed was completely off the platform. I called the front desk and maintenence was there PRONTO! Great job! It was explained to me that a bunch of kids just checked out and broke the bed. I hope they follow up and make them pay for it. I didn't need to change rooms as the maintenance man replaced platform plastic pieces that held the bed in place. Great service.

The breakfast area was over run with pre-teens or teens, with no supervision. Loud, moving tables to accomodate sitting with their groups, reaching over other people getting food. It's not the hotel's fault that these packs of kids are rude.

My floor was quiet, never saw another guest. The room was clean. Front desk was attentive to questions. I took the shuttle to Reagan National and it was flawless. I would stay here again, but would ask if a student group was booked.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!