“Beautiful Rooms with Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Beautiful Rooms with Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Most people already know my love for Hampton Inns, this one is no different. Its a beautiful hotel with a very large lobby and breakfast area.

The staff helped with a crib and even helped us get some milk for our 1 year old little boy. Its plenty of options to eat in the area within walking distance.

The rooms are nice. I have absolutely no complaints with this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our family spent four nights at this Hampton Inn during our trip to DC in March 2013. After researching numerous hotels in and out of DC proper, we decided on this Hampton Inn for its price (about $100 less a night than hotels in DC), parking cost (half the daily rate of DC hotels), and proximity to the Metro (5 minute walk). The hotel was quiet, and we never heard other guests while in our room (this was a concern because of the school groups staying there during our trip). Taking the Metro in and out of DC was a breeze, and our kids loved doing so. The Hampton Inn is also within walking distance to many restaurants and the Crystal City Shops.

I definitely recommend this hotel. Our family will probably stay here again when we return to DC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Goood location: check. Cleanliness: check. Friendly staff: check. Responsiveness to maintenance request: check.

But, two demerits: first, given the location and value, the hotel is apparently a favorite for school groups visiting our Nation's Capitol. So, even though the breakfast room was unusually large for a Hampton Inn, every morning it was a mass of itchy/twitchy adolescent kids with big backpacks. Yikes!

Second, what's with those beds? Most good chain hotels have gone to luxury, pillow-top extravaganzas. The beds in this Hampton Inn were straight out of the 1950's, bedsprings and all. And the duvets--which the hotel advertises are washed with great frequency--had long surpassed their useful lives. The stuffing in the duvets had congealed into hard round structures. The effect was like sleeping with half a dozen softballs sewn into your bed cover.

I do recommend this place. But please replace those beds.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DanielM587, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your bed and for the issues you experienced at breakfast. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. Again, I apologize and we hope you will come visit us in the future.
Grand Forks, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a quiet hotel. The room (2 queens) had a refrigerator and microwave, and the heat was easy to control. I didn't even notice a lot of 6 AM door slamming, but maybe I was on a floor with few lodgers. I stayed on the 9th floor.
The location is about three blocks from the Crystal City Metro (down the street and around the corner), but not so far that it's a bother, and there's a shopping center at this Metro. Plenty of dining choices at the Shops at Crystal City, and a Rite Aid drug. I chose the location because I like to encourage myself to explore conference cities, I like to move around when I'm faced with sitting all day, and I like to save money on lodging. The savings weren't huge as the weekday rate was only a few dollars below my conference hotel rate, but I saved at least $200 by staying here, even with riding the Metro.

Longwood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is not the first time I've stayed at this hotel and I'm glad to say that I wasn't disappointed. Room smelled clean and fresh everyday, the bed was comfortable (though I would have appreciated softer pillows) and everything worked. The staff was always helpful and attentive.

The only negative was the shuttle to the Metro. This van does not have a step stool or other way to get up a very high step into the van. I've got old knees and I'm short and it was almost impossible for me to boost myself into the van. It was easier to me to walk to the metro, which I would normally do on most days. But on a bitter cold day the van was more convenient however getting into it was extremely painful.

Otherwise a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: No real room service because it doesn't have a restaurant but you can order delivery.
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a great location, and there are mutliple hotels just outside of Reagan National Airport. I have stayed at many Hampton Inn's but this was a bit disappointing. My room was a nice size and the room area itself was clean and appeared fairly updated. The issue I had was with the bathroom. My guess is that this was a handicapped bathroom. It was very large, had four hand rails in the tub and a hand held shower. There were two areas of what appeared to be mold in the bathroom. The sink, tub and hand held shower appeared to be very dated and were old and worn. The shower head was full of red sediment on the outside and the water pressure was terrible. From reading the other reviews, I am hoping this is an isolated issue as I have had very good stays at Hampton Inn's in the past. One other issue in my room was that the heating system was not on a thermostat so it was either "on" or "off" all night; and it was a blower type heater.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your bathroom. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
Nanuet, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Everything was nice. Clean. The complimentary breakfast has everything and more! The beds are small, two full beds, would like a queen. There IS blackout curtains! We used them. Nice place to eat for "Hearth Stone"

Room Tip: Go for the suite with the King size bed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!