“Nice hotel, excellent service near airport & metro.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
San Juan
“Nice hotel, excellent service near airport & metro.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had to travel for new years eve, and found this hotel. The service was excellent, the breakfast soo good, and the rooms clean and comfy. Always with hot coffee, tea and some nights cookies for a warm cozy night. It's five min from airport and 5 min walking distance to the Metro. Have restaurants and a little mall literally across the street. I will return to DC for spring and try to book again in this hotel, but unfortunately the prices was too high for this next season. That's my only complaint.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
Providence Forge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. I always stay in the same room, 321. You will have a view of Crystal City which is really nice at night. The Metro is real close. There are restaurants galore of all price ranges withing walking distance. The staff is always accommodating. I often check-in early with no problems. The management has a well oiled machine running at this place. The last time I stayed there on Dec 15, 2012 I was greeted by the staff as if they knew me. This hotel has just about complimentary everything. I had left my wallet in my room and wanted something from the mini-store, the front desk person allowed me to take the item and was allowed to go to my room and then come back and pay for it. Great customer service.

Room Tip: Choose any room on the third floor. You will get the best views of the city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
8 Mile Rd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This Hampton has location and conviences of the Metro hopping crowd. There is basement parking for a fee. It is near the Metro Crystal City stop by about three blocks walk. So you can leave your car and hop the Metro. Rooms are clean and maintained. Pool is well maintained and clean. Breakfast is well stocked and kept clean. Cookies and coffee is available in the evening, which is nice. More cookies is nicer.

The front desk service can certainly improve. Seems that they are understaffed. Service suffers when staff gets tired or constantly busy. This points a finger at management.

The breakfast seating is poorly managed. Sometimes but not always, a conference room is opened up when people are waiting to find an open table to eat their breakfast. Construction is ongoing in the lobby, but it is relegated to small 5' by 5' area just not enough seats. Again, management issue.

Nonetheless, I will return to this hotel for its location and convenience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family had the occasion to stay at this hotel over a weekend when we were gathered for my Father's funeral at Arlington National Cemetery.

The best parts of the stay was the convenience of getting to and from the hotel from Reagan Airport via the complimentary shuttle, the close proximity to ANC, and the abundance of restaurants within close walking distance from the hotel (there was an eating area at the hotel, but it was only used during the morning complimentary breakfast).

The rooms were comfortable and clean. There was a pool, but it was a bit...somber. It was down in the underground area, very small and very shabby. Nice to have one at all though I suppose :-) The desk staff including the Manager we dealt with were a bit confused however. Our booking was for 12 rooms, and we requested and were told that they would all be on the same floor. In reality, my family ended up placed all over the place from the 3rd to the 10th floor regardless of asking the Manager several times during individual guest registrations to place us all on the same floor.

Other than mentioned, it was a very serviceable and reasonably priced place to stay in the Crystal City district.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DanielM587, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and apologize your request to have all your family member rooms to be in the same floor and nearby each other. Again we apologize for the issues and we hope you will come visit us in the future.
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

With the notable exception of two good shuttle drivers, the customer service by every single employee we encountered over a 4-day stay was non-existent. No eye contact, no greetings, and minimal assistance. When my husband asked where to get a cab and where to find the Metro, he was ignored until he reminded the front-desk worker that he was a paying customer at their place of business.

The room was fine, with some chipped paint in the bathroom and a light fixture that buzzed, and the location was good for our business trip. Regardless, I would prefer to pay a little more to spend my money on employees who appear to care even a slight bit about their work.

• Stayed December 2012
DanielM587, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you and your husband received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed in a king one bedroom suite for a week during Thanksgiving. We chose to pay in advance for the best price $123.30 per night including tax and breakfast. The two rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. We walked just over a block to catch the Metro into D.C. They also have a free shuttle to DCA airport. It was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kettering, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stay in Crystal City every time I vist D.C. Over ten visits in the past few years. I've stayed at the Crystal City Marriott, the Crystal City Gateway Marriott, The Hilton, the Sheraton, and a few others.

This was my first visit to the Hampton Inn. And I fell in love with it. My stay was over the weekend, and I was looking for a cheap (relative term here) room. The Hampton came up on my searches on Kayak, etc., and being a member of Hilton HHonors, I decided to give it a try.

The hotel is not connected to the tunnels of Crystal City, so you do have to walk a couple of blocks to enter the system and get to the Metro - but it is an easy walk. The parking was good. The reception person was not exactly pleasant, but functional. Most of the cleaning staff seemed to lack a firm understanding of English. Others were OK, but no award winners. Overall, most of the staff was functional but less than thrilled to be working. Nice but not what I would call friendly.

The elevators good, the hallways clean ad well lit. The room was really nice. Extremely clean, well furnished. Quiet. I had a nice view to the west from the 7th floor. East facing rooms would also be quiet but the view would be of a busy highway.

The breakfast was crowded, but trays were available to take breakfast back to the room. Coffee and tea all day. Cookies in the evening. Best value of all the places I have stayed in Crystal City.

From now on (until prices go too high), this will be my place in D.C.

Room Tip: West facing rooms overlook a park-like area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!